Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed, March 24th, 2010, 01:26 PM
texas offroading

cody994x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Got My Gryphon!, Few questions...

i got my gryphon installed and running yesterday. what an awesome product.
i have only used level 1 so far but im planning on trying out the level2 tow tune today. i did think of a few questions since i got it up and running.

first off, how did everyone mount their pods? the 3m tape was nothing but pathetic. i installed mine w spray adhesive for now lol.

i ran the stock lvl1 tune 1st, then returned to stock then reloaded a custom lvl1 tune with my tire size and correct gear ratio. For tire size i entered 2470mm...i got this number by subtracting 76mm(3%) from 2546mm(285/70-17). 2470 should be my correct size right? i also changed my gear ratio to 3.73 cause it was on 3.55(i guess this is the default ratio). so far im loving this programmer...

in playing with the display PID's....what does the value represent on the MAF view. also, what does the lock symbol mean when viewing current gear. i figured this meant TC was locked, but then it also says 'tcl' in that box.

another question i have is how do i know the gryphon has kept my tire/gear values? nothing will change until i re-program right? meaning i wont have to set these values everytime the truck is started. how can i view the current values? and when i do change programs, how will this work? i know there is a 'load previous settings' screen but i have not seen it yet. finally...can i program lvl1 to lvl3 to lvl 2 and so on, or do i need to program from lvl'x' to lvl0 then to lvl'x'

now im on to updating my user info.
thankx for any help. Cody