Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Fri, December 26th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Rather be Bassin East Tex

97fordnut is on a distinguished road
Default new to this forum

Just joined. i'm located in beautiful Northeast Texas where the weather could be sunny and 75 in the morning and drizzling and 35 in the evening who knows what it will be tomorrow the weather man sure doesn't. I have been a very happy Gryphon owner since October. This was the greatest early Christmas present I ever bought myself. I own a 97 F150 SCAB with 5.4L and really only drive it on weekends so this is the reason it is 400 less miles than having 100k. I usually, when weather permitting, use this vehicle to tow an 18.5 foot bassboat and can say that the improvement in towing performence was well worth the investment. Recently since gas prices have dropped have been using level 3 and 93 octane fuel just cruzin around town here and I dread the day coming when gas prices go back up. I think my next birthday investment will have to be a more modern radar detector. I just can't say enough good things about the product or the professionalism of Bill and Corey. It is my pleasure to be a part of all of this. Blessings to all and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Until next time keep the premium flowing.
Old Fri, December 26th, 2008, 05:36 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Glad to have you join us. Bill and Corey might be just a little "absent" for the next week while he tries to get caught up on custom tunes and she tries to get all the user manuals written. Those two never seem to stop working!

I wonder about the radar detectors. I read something on them a short time ago that told me they probably won't warn you in time unless you're in heavy traffic where the cop is "probing" a lot of folks ahead of you - then you pick up the energy of his gun before he probes you. But, if you're on a highway and there's little traffic, probably the first probe you pick up is the one he uses on you, which is only good to tell you "you've been nailed". (Might as well just pull over next to him and save him the chase)!

Oh, be sure and read a thread in these forums about towing light loads. My guess is, your boat could be pulled without problem using any of the tunes (assuming the load is in the 2000# range).

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, December 26th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Rather be Bassin East Tex

97fordnut is on a distinguished road

Definatly understand the need for some vacation time. My Operations Manager advised me I still had 64 hours left that needs to be taken that is left over from this year. Fortunatly he will let me carry it over into the next year. Hopefully we will have some good late winter bass spawning weather and i can use it up then. I doubt work schedules will allow too much of that. As far as towing the boat is a Triton dual console fiberglass with a 150 HP Mercury and is fully loaded with equipment. One of the local lakes close to where I store the rig at (the family farm) has a steep grade as soon as you enter the highway and you really have to watch and judge on coming traffic before entering and before the Gryphon under full exceleration I would only get to 60 MPH at the top of the hill. With the Gryphon I can be at the posted speed limit of 70 MPH at the top of the hill with out having to floorboard the accelerator and listen to the engine scream. I've had the flatbed and tractor hooked up as well and the truck just seems like it handles the loads without any effort. I have a buddy that has a newer Bellsouth radar detector in his truck and usually it will detect the new pop from the highway patrol before you can see him and yea that's too late. I've had the good fortune to have a preminission one was just over the hill or new when to cut the clowning around. We have the President George W. Bush Turnpike otherwise know as the North Dallas Autobaun here to drive and believe me the Texas State Troppers work this thing in shifts and everyone knows their hidding spots. I've notice with all of the toying around my gas mileage hasn't fallen off so I would imagine after the new were's off i should see some improvement. But I'm just havin too much fun.
Old Sun, December 28th, 2008, 06:05 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Glad to have you here.

Gotta watch for them Texas smokeys... I hear they're not all that nice, especially for us folks "just passin' through" Texas.

I'm with you on the "getting a feeling about a cop" and then see one around the next turn. Unfortunately my "mental radar" doesn't always work and I get popped from time to time.

Catch ya 'round the fishin' hole.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Closed Thread