Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Whopper

doubleshot is on a distinguished road
Default new from Ohio

new here from ohio. near dayton. have a 97 f350 psd mostly stock, I have installed gauges( trans. temp, boost and egt) I am interested in the 6 position phoenix, mostly want better mpg's and some power to go with it. I do pull a 10k trailer and drive it with out trailer sometimes. any comments on the phoenix good bad or other, what is the average wait for the phoenix, not in a hurry just wondering. thanks Steve
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 06:47 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I can't answer ANY of your questions, Steve, but Bill and Corey can!

They won't sell you something you won't be happy about - guaranteed!

If they don't chime in here, give them a call. They're VERY easy to talk to.

Welcome aboard!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 09:19 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Steve...

Glad to have you join us! We hope you enjoy your time here.

To try and answer your questions, the Phoenix modules are ideally suited for your type of situation. With a click of the switch, you can change from a mildly aggressive daily driver program to a more conservative towing program that is safe for the weight you're pulling.

On top of that, we have really neat specialty programs such as High-Idle, Whisper Mode, Valet, and even can put a no-start file on one position.

There's really no negative side to going with the modules, especially since you already have a set of gauges.

If you have any other questions, give us a shout. We'd be glad to get them answered for you.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Hey Steve,

We should be up your way sometime this year to do some live tuning! The Phoenix Module is a TS 6-position chip with switch-on-the-fly capability. Check out a thread in the Phoenix section of the forum -- I think I called it What ARE Standard Tunes? -- to find out what we can offer you. We just lowered the price, too.

Generally, the wait on the Phoenix is about a week. The wait has been longer in December simply due to the fact that we had so many sales. Not a bad problem to have in this economy. There's another thread called Why Do Custom Tunes Take So Long? that explains why PHP customers tend to wait longer than other tuners' customers -- and I promise that it's NOT because we're lazy or that we take time off! Rather, it's the opposite.

Anyway, :welcome3: to the forum! We're glad that you're here!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

Welcome dblshot
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Steve...

Glad to have you join us! We hope you enjoy your time here.

To try and answer your questions, the Phoenix modules are ideally suited for your type of situation. With a click of the switch, you can change from a mildly aggressive daily driver program to a more conservative towing program that is safe for the weight you're pulling.

On top of that, we have really neat specialty programs such as High-Idle, Whisper Mode, Valet, and even can put a no-start file on one position.

There's really no negative side to going with the modules, especially since you already have a set of gauges.

If you have any other questions, give us a shout. We'd be glad to get them answered for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Hey Steve,

We should be up your way sometime this year to do some live tuning! The Phoenix Module is a TS 6-position chip with switch-on-the-fly capability. Check out a thread in the Phoenix section of the forum -- I think I called it What ARE Standard Tunes? -- to find out what we can offer you. We just lowered the price, too.

Generally, the wait on the Phoenix is about a week. The wait has been longer in December simply due to the fact that we had so many sales. Not a bad problem to have in this economy. There's another thread called Why Do Custom Tunes Take So Long? that explains why PHP customers tend to wait longer than other tuners' customers -- and I promise that it's NOT because we're lazy or that we take time off! Rather, it's the opposite.

Anyway, :welcome3: to the forum! We're glad that you're here!
We were posting at the same time.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Takin the low road.....

Cajun is on a distinguished road

Howdy!

QueenCityBashers.com
South Central NC RC Bashers
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Whopper

One more quick question, can you get the pcm code from the vin, sticker in the door jam or do I need to pull the pcm to get the code? thanks
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 07:43 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshot View Post
One more quick question, can you get the pcm code from the vin, sticker in the door jam or do I need to pull the pcm to get the code? thanks
I think you're talking about the HEX code. It's not in the VIN. You'll see it on the Gryphon's screen if you turn on the ignition and then plug the Gryphon into the OBDII port.

(200 posts)!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Whopper

I was thinking about the phoenix, to order one the form ask for a pcm code?
Closed Thread