Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Whopper

transam396 is on a distinguished road
Default New guy from Ga

Hi new guy here from Ga, I've got a 2004 F150 supercrew with the 5.4, I've put the EDGE programer on it a airaid jr mit intake tube and a K&N drop in air filter.

I'm hoping to have my edge updated to a gryphon sometime this year once the overtime starts coming in. Happy with the Edge but from what I've read I think I would be VERY happy with the Gryphon.

On a side note I sent a email to you Corey asking about the possibility of tuning a 1995 thunderbird with the 4.6 that is bone stock.

Looking forward to hearing from yall
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 06:30 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum, transam. You MAY want to think about converting to a Gryphon with custom tunes sooner, rather than later, since you've got a CAI. There's a good possibility you're running lean, unless the Airaid doesn't change configuration of the filter box.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Whopper

The Airaid Modular Intake Tube doesn't replace the stock airbox, It turns the the end towards the drivers side headlight and makes the opening about 5-8 inches at the end. Not sure if there are any real performance gains but it sure looks a whole heck of a lot better
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 07:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Cool! I''m not familiar with it, but it sounds like you're "good to go"! Could be that you get a bit for "ram" air effect with this thing, eh?

- Jack
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Cool! I''m not familiar with it, but it sounds like you're "good to go"! Could be that you get a bit for "ram" air effect with this thing, eh?

- Jack

It's slightly possible that there is some type of ram air effect. Not sure maybe Bill or someone else could chime in but I think that my highly tuned butt Dyno showed a slight gain in hp but not sure how much, I did have it dyno'd once with the edge set on lvl 3 with NO type of custom tuning done and if memory serves me correct it was 230 hp and around 330 tq .

We were having some issues with some of the edge tuners and bill was kind enough to meet me at his Home on a sunday and play with it for several hours and helped firgure out why when I tried to to "custom tune" any of the parameters it would Freak out at about 2000 rpms . so he worked with edge and they figured out what was going on .
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 07:58 PM
PHP Groupie

Sorry I'm not still in Georgia. I left there when I graduated from Tech in 1963 and haven't been back since. It'd be great to work with the Great, Loin Clothed, One!

- Jack
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 08:06 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Welcome transam. Enjoy!

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Sorry I'm not still in Georgia. I left there when I graduated from Tech in 1963 and haven't been back since. It'd be great to work with the Great, Loin Clothed, One!

- Jack

Well I won't hold that whole Tech thing against yah seeing as how I'm a true blue thru and thru DAWG fan!!! But thanks for the welcome once again.

And Yes working with the great one was pretty darn nice and Corey was as nice as she could be also.... Givin up her hubby for the afternoon on a sunday was pretty sweet of her
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum!