Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1994˝ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1994˝ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped F-Series and F-Super Duty

Old Wed, June 22nd, 2022, 11:42 AM
Whopper Junior

Chris77 is on a distinguished road
Default Will Hydra Tuner work with transmission shift kit?

I'm very interested in this tuner but will it effect transmission shifting. I have a Bully Dog shift enhancement kit that I installed several years ago. The kit consisted of 3 springs and a valve. I'm concerned with having overly harsh shifts. Thanks

My truck is a 1997 F-250 Automatic. E-fuel, 1.0 housing, 4 inch exhaust, downpipe, Tymar style intake, Soon to be intercooled. RSK, Solid axle swap
Old Wed, June 22nd, 2022, 12:01 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Chris, welcome to the forum. I'm sure Bill will see your thread soon and I think he can provide a custom tune that will work well with your shift kit.

You didn't specify what brand tuning device you are interested in. Is it SCT or Bully Dog? Or, is it Billl's Minotaur software, or, something else?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, June 22nd, 2022, 02:08 PM
Whopper Junior

Default PHP Hydra

Sorry, i should have added what tuner i'm interested in. I'm interested in the PHP hydra tuner.
Old Wed, June 22nd, 2022, 03:19 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

OKyDoaks - I changed the title of the thread to better alert Bill.

- Jack
Old Thu, June 30th, 2022, 09:43 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris77 View Post
I'm very interested in this tuner but will it effect transmission shifting. I have a Bully Dog shift enhancement kit that I installed several years ago. The kit consisted of 3 springs and a valve. I'm concerned with having overly harsh shifts. Thanks

My truck is a 1997 F-250 Automatic. E-fuel, 1.0 housing, 4 inch exhaust, downpipe, Tymar style intake, Soon to be intercooled. RSK, Solid axle swap
For many calibration sets, we offer a "VB" (Valve Body) tune set which eliminates the pressure modifications to the tuning so that it doesn't interfere with the mechanical modifications. If you could let me know what your PCM code is, we can let you know if we already have tunes for that application.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, July 8th, 2022, 02:28 PM
Whopper Junior

My PCM code is TDE0.
Old Sun, July 10th, 2022, 08:31 PM
Whopper Junior

Default Wow

i received my hydra chip this Friday and discovered that there are tunes for modified valve bodies. I installed the chip methodically per the video instruction on hydra help and the chip is working great. Ive only been running the 40 horse DD tune so far because I have an old tired transmission but WOW!! Ive owned my truck for 15 years now and this is the first time its ever been chipped and the first time I ever saw any black smoke come out of the tail pipe. Im impressed! I did notice one thing though...when I press the up or down button on the hydra selector switch it takes a few clicks of the button before it responds. Is this normal.
Old Mon, July 11th, 2022, 10:38 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris77 View Post
I did notice one thing though...when I press the up or down button on the hydra selector switch it takes a few clicks of the button before it responds. Is this normal.
Chris,

The Hydra switch serves two functions, to change levels and to change LED brightness. In order to manage this, there are certain timing specifications that must be met.

To change position, the button must be pressed for no more than ˝ second (quick tap).

To change LED brightness, the button must be pressed and held for about 1˝ seconds (long press).

Anywhere in between those two time periods, and nothing will happen.

I hope this is helpful.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, July 11th, 2022, 03:21 PM
Whopper Junior

Right on. That makes sense. Thanks for the info.