Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Wed, December 9th, 2009, 11:39 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Default No Tranny Level Dipstick!

I was helping a friend put mud flaps and tube steps on his 2010 F150 the other night.
So I was like a little kid in a candy store while I was looking at his truck and when I came upon the tranny not having a dipstick I was shocked.

Yep my research confirmed it today. No dipstick.
Ford in their wisdom made their tranny's dealer servicable only and stuck 150,000 mile ATF fluid in them. I think it's mercon LV.

So good job Ford!
Ya right?!

Wonder how long this is going to last?

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Good Lord! 150,000 mile fluid changes? I guess a slow leak under pressure is not going to be a problem? Brilliant! I can't even see removing the dipstick as being a "cost-saving" measure, can anyone?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 01:43 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

There is a threaded plug style dipstick on the transmissision located on the passenger side on top of the tranny located right by a cat.
So good luck checking the level when its hot!
Ouch!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

The new trucks also have "lifetime" fuel filters

Technically if you look at our trucks...nbs 2004+ the tranny fluid is susposed to be lifetime fluid/150k...its in the manual. But most doesn't know that since dealerships recommend you to change at 30k intervals. But you do not have to do that in order to keep your warranty.
Old Thu, December 10th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Whopper

munro300 is on a distinguished road

The "NO DIPSTICK" and lifetime fuel filter on the o9 was really makeing me scratch my head about getting one! But then went with it, cause my o4 was due for a new tranny anyhow. We will see how well this truck holds up! But it does seem silly......the no dipstick and lifetime filter
Old Thu, December 17th, 2009, 06:18 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Yeah... sometimes thinking "outside the box" isn't the best thing in the world. I think the biggest concern was that the new ATF is NOT COMPATIBLE with ANYTHING on the street right now and by allowing the customer to check and/or add fluid, it would have possible ruined a number of transmissions. Ah well.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!