Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, October 28th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Nothin' Stock

majek5 is on a distinguished road
Default Ebay EGR Delete

6.0L FORD 6.0 POWERSTROKE DIESEL EGR VALVE DELETE KIT: eBay Motors (item 270591327569 end time Nov-06-10 07:32:55 PDT)

They all seem to look the same. Is there really a difference between RCD, Sinister, this one and others. I know the FCDP comes with a manifold too, but how necessary is replacing the manifold? Will the truck run normally with the delete and no tunes? Just a CEL.

stock...
Old Sat, October 30th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Double Whopper

ssredrino is on a distinguished road
Default egr delete

majek5,

by far i am no diesel mechanic but after all my research and calling my diesel guy he said basically they are all the same,

i got a b&d kit for mine with the stainless up pipe and make sure the kit has the blue connection hose.

03 will not throw a code some 04's will throw a code and any year above that will throw a code from all my reading the truck will run fine with the code but you will not pass state emissions tests.

some guys in cally just block off the egr and leave the egr valve dangling plugged in and then pop the egr valve back into the manifold for emissions testing.

if you do a full egr delete from what i can tell bill can write a program to take care of the cel.

as far as a whole new intake, well it depends on what you want. i could not justify the extra cash.

hope this helps, bill and cody are very busy and it is extremely hard to reach php by phone or email so please be very patient with them they just got done with dyno days and i am sure that put them a little behind, every one in here will give you the best advice possible as we all join the php family, personally i can not wait and my patients is getting a a little thin due to not knowing any thing and waiting????

php should have some kind of automatic email that says your email has been received and we will get back with you soon.

but they are providing one hell of a service for us and we thank them for all there hard work and patients with us as well

the forum has lots of info in it spend some time here. i spent 2 months reading before i made my order.

ssredrino

ps. the ebay listing should work just fine. same thing as b&d

Last edited by ssredrino; Sat, October 30th, 2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: added info
Old Sat, November 6th, 2010, 11:50 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssredrino View Post
03 will not throw a code some 04's will throw a code and any year above that will throw a code from all my reading the truck will run fine with the code but you will not pass state emissions tests.
Even worse, all Cali trucks will set a CEL on top of the code.

Quote:
if you do a full egr delete from what i can tell bill can write a program to take care of the cel.
Not a problem at all there.

Quote:
hope this helps, bill and cody are very busy and it is extremely hard to reach php by phone or email so please be very patient with them they just got done with dyno days and i am sure that put them a little behind, every one in here will give you the best advice possible as we all join the php family, personally i can not wait and my patients is getting a a little thin due to not knowing any thing and waiting????

php should have some kind of automatic email that says your email has been received and we will get back with you soon.
We've looked at auto-responders, but because of the way our e-mail is handled we haven't found a solution that will work like we want. We're still looking though.

As to the original question, the only kits I've deal with were the ones from Elite. I talked to a few other folks and they use Sinister Diesel kits. Best I can say is shop around.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, January 31st, 2011, 02:24 PM
Double Whopper

Bob is on a distinguished road

i recently talked to a local shop and their mechanic likes the sinister kit. I am thinking of doing it my self and using the sinister kit. Looks fairly reasonable to install.
2006 F-350 6.0L 4X4 AFE Intake, Banks Technicooler intercooler system, turbo back MBRP 4" exhaust, 70 Horse Depaco injectors, FICM and ECM/TCM Roll back, Gryphon programmer and Custom Tunes on the way
Old Mon, January 31st, 2011, 06:19 PM
Nothin' Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
i recently talked to a local shop and their mechanic likes the sinister kit. I am thinking of doing it my self and using the sinister kit. Looks fairly reasonable to install.
I called RCD to ask them about their kit. The guy I talked to said Sinister copied the RCD kit. The RCD kit on ebay is $225. The Sinister is $299. There is another for $259 that comes with intake gaskets and orings that looks good too. For the $$$ I think I'm going with the one for $259 with the gaskets and orings. But that is a warm weather project, so I have time to decide.

stock...
Old Fri, February 4th, 2011, 10:55 AM
The Great Cornholio

Quickerthanu is on a distinguished road

Not to further confuse you but I found this kit for $150!!!

FORD 6.0L 03-07 EGR DELETE KIT F250-F450 POWERSTROKE - eBay (item 290529396966 end time Feb-10-11 09:58:17 PST)
Old Sat, February 5th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Nothin' Stock

I don't like that kind of kit because it uses fork looking piece to hold the u shaped pipe in place. If one side of the fork breaks, or a bolt comes out or loose, "uh-oh"! But as far as that goes, if the one piece designed one has a bolt loosen up, I'm in the same boat. For my $$$$, it probably be the RCD kit when it comes time.

stock...