Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip

Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip The Power Hungry Performance Hydra Multi-Position Chip is the industry standard for the 7.3L!

Redesigned from the ground up, the Hydra Chip provides Ford owners with a feature packed,
high quality, and low cost alternative to other existing modules on the market today.

Old Thu, October 7th, 2021, 10:12 PM
Whopper Junior

sujumptd is on a distinguished road
Default What Injectors wk best with chip and modes?

Hello all,
I've rebuilt my 02 7.3 and am looking for thoughts and suggestions on what injectors would work best with the mods I've done? I know everyone has an opinion but I would like to get some input on what injectors would work best. I'd like to use my 02 7.3 for family trip travel and light to upper medium towing. My foot stomping race days are for the most part over but would like some get up and go when I need it. I also tow a fishing boat that is about 26 feet long and not super heavy but does have some weight to it. I'd like advise on what injectors would work best with my current Phoenix Module I have which I will need to get re-burned. The list below are most of the modes:
-T4 Turbo
-Stage 2 cam
-H Beam piston
-Pistons bored .20 over
-High strength push rods
-High end head bolts
-Stage 2 HPOP
My plan was to install Hybrid injector 238cc/80%, I'm open to suggestions on other options that would work best.

Thanks in advance.
Ed
Old Mon, October 11th, 2021, 04:53 PM
Whopper

CSIPSD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujumptd View Post
Hello all,
I've rebuilt my 02 7.3 and am looking for thoughts and suggestions on what injectors would work best with the mods I've done? I know everyone has an opinion but I would like to get some input on what injectors would work best. I'd like to use my 02 7.3 for family trip travel and light to upper medium towing. My foot stomping race days are for the most part over but would like some get up and go when I need it. I also tow a fishing boat that is about 26 feet long and not super heavy but does have some weight to it. I'd like advise on what injectors would work best with my current Phoenix Module I have which I will need to get re-burned. The list below are most of the modes:
-T4 Turbo
-Stage 2 cam
-H Beam piston
-Pistons bored .20 over
-High strength push rods
-High end head bolts
-Stage 2 HPOP
My plan was to install Hybrid injector 238cc/80%, I'm open to suggestions on other options that would work best.

Thanks in advance.
Ed

What size T4 turbo do you have? Who's cam?

238/80's are fine, I prefer the 100% nozzle myself but the 80% is fine.

You appear to be well built for a 238cc injector, however your description leads to a fit better for a small hybrid 205/30 or like.

Would eliminate all the downsides of the standard hybrid (not many but power potential is the biggest) yet give you everything your looking for.

At least in my opinion.