Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > Site Feedback

Site Feedback We'd like to hear from you! Please let us know what you like or don't like so that we can make your experience here a favorable one.

View Poll Results: Do you think this forum idea would be good or bad?
I think this would be a good idea. 34 91.89%
I'm thinking that this wouldn't be so hot. 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sat, February 21st, 2009, 04:33 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Forum Question - Members Please View

Hi there Wonderful Form Members,

When we went with Neal (Dixie Design) a couple of weeks ago, I found out that he does commercial printing. I thought that was pretty cool since we, obviously, have a lot of things printed. It's not that I'm looking for a discount! The way I put it to Neal is that I'd rather give money to someone I KNOW than some company that I don't know -- especially in this economy when we can all use the business.

It got me thinking: How many members might benefit from posting about their businesses on here? That's awkward. What I mean is this: If you have some kind of business, would you be willing to post about it -- give some details about products, services, location, etc. -- so that other members in the market for your product or service might throw business your way?

Like painters -- gosh, we have no time to paint the interior of our home, and I'm going to wind up hiring someone. If there was a member on here who lived fairly close, I could potentially hire that person and know that I was benefitting one of our forum members.

Or do you think it might cause too many problems? Sometimes doing business with someone you know causes issues if there is something wrong with the work or product; in that way, it's easier to do business with a stranger.

This is just a thought, Guys (I think I'm still the only female on here). I need feedback. Obviously, I'm on the fence about it, so I need YOUR opinions!

Thanks in advance. Oh, and if you've read this far down and are a member, answer the damn poll.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Sun, February 22nd, 2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old Sat, February 21st, 2009, 04:56 PM
Googlemiester

seeleyra is on a distinguished road

Might as well! Kokopuff (I couldn't remember how to spell it) is always letting us know of deals and stuff. (maybe member discounts too)! LOLOLOL
Old Sat, February 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM
Redbull Junkie

TA2Dsailor is on a distinguished road

I think this is a good idea The only down side is there could be some drama. I'm also on a welding forum and if people are unhappy for what ever reason it turns into a big ordeal. people get banned or stop using the forum do to the way they express there dissatisfaction. As long as members act like adults there should be no issues. Bottom line i'm for it.
Old Sat, February 21st, 2009, 07:31 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Corey, it can be a mixed bag. I voted yes, because I feel a member would feel at least slightly close to another member and would want to provide good service. But, if one member's perception of good service is different than the other's there are problems. Overall, though, I say, go for it.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, February 21st, 2009, 10:01 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

I say go for it......if people can act like adults it should be no problem.

Cause we are all very mature here..
Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

I say go for it also, I think it would be a good idea
Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 02:57 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Go 4 it!

That's a yes vote from me.

Pros and cons to everything in this world. So if your gut is telling you yes then go ahead. On the other hand no means no also.

Thanx for letting us vote.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Double Whopper

jfuller5 will become famous soon enough
Default YuP

Sounds Good , Word of mouth is the #1 Seller!
Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Stuck in a snow drift

coggerwayne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Corey, it can be a mixed bag. I voted yes, because I feel a member would feel at least slightly close to another member and would want to provide good service. But, if one member's perception of good service is different than the other's there are problems. Overall, though, I say, go for it.

- Jack
I agree with above - but if anyone wants to come up north and do some snow removal from my driveway I/m all for it. I/m sick of winter already!