Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Tue, May 24th, 2011, 02:54 PM
CAD Guy

Wile_E is on a distinguished road
Default 3 questions so far...

I just received my converted tuner. I am anxious to see how it works. I have come up with 3 questions so far:

1. What is my device called now? Is it officially a Gryphon? Just wondered what to call it.

2. Are the custom tunes I ordered already in the device? I went to "Power programming" and is reads like it did originally - Level 1 trans only, etc. Are the custom tunes there replacing the 3 stock tunes?

3. I wanted to change the display parameters to show Oil Temp, Trans temp, and Coolant temp and MPH. All I could access was the stock display items - MPH, Instant MPG, Average MPG, and RPM. Can the display be changed? I accessed the setup like I used to do when it was an Edge, but the items I want to display don't seem to be available.

Thanks in advance to all

Wile_E
Old Tue, May 24th, 2011, 03:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile_E View Post
I just received my converted tuner. I am anxious to see how it works. I have come up with 3 questions so far:

1. What is my device called now? Is it officially a Gryphon? Just wondered what to call it.

2. Are the custom tunes I ordered already in the device? I went to "Power programming" and is reads like it did originally - Level 1 trans only, etc. Are the custom tunes there replacing the 3 stock tunes?

3. I wanted to change the display parameters to show Oil Temp, Trans temp, and Coolant temp and MPH. All I could access was the stock display items - MPH, Instant MPG, Average MPG, and RPM. Can the display be changed? I accessed the setup like I used to do when it was an Edge, but the items I want to display don't seem to be available.

Thanks in advance to all

Wile_E
Yes, you now have a Gryphon.

Your custom tunes are probably not on the device. Ordinarily, Bill ships the converted unit back with the stock tunes. You'll be able to put custom tunes on when they are ready, using the Pegasus application, which you should download and install on your PC.

You SHOULD be able to display the values you want, with one exception: Oil Temperature. Ford discontinued the Oil Temperature Sender in the more recent trucks, I think starting in 2008?

If you have Pegasus installed, with your Gryphon set to level 0 (stock), plug it into the PC with Pegasus running. If Pegasus shows it connected, click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] and install any firmware and calibration updates you see. That might fix the display problem. If it doesn't, you'll need to contact PHP.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, May 24th, 2011, 04:01 PM
CAD Guy

Thanks so much for the reply. I will check things out as you suggest and go from there. My truck is an 05, so the Oil temp thing shouldn't be a problem.
Old Tue, May 24th, 2011, 04:30 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile_E View Post
Thanks so much for the reply. I will check things out as you suggest and go from there. My truck is an 05, so the Oil temp thing shouldn't be a problem.
I have an 05 too and I was able to monitor Oil Temp but dropped that in favor of other values. It does sound like a firmware problem. What I suggested may fix it and it certainly won't hurt it.

- Jack
Old Wed, June 8th, 2011, 10:13 AM
CAD Guy

Default I'm back...

I have been really busy, but I finally got a chance to update my Gryphon per your suggestions. I still have the same issue - the only parameters that are available to put on the display are the defaults - mph, mpg/avg. and mpg/inst. and rpm.

Sounds like I need to get in touch with PHP. I know they are busy, and this certainly not an emergency, so what would you suggest as the best way to contact them?

I appreciate all the help.

Wile_E
Old Wed, June 8th, 2011, 11:28 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

If you look, you will see that you have different types of display options (1,2,3, and 4 parameters). If you select (hit [enter]) on the 4 gauge screen, you will see that there are the 4 different parameters displayed that you have listed.

You can use the up/down arrow buttons to select what you'd like changed and hit [enter]. This will bring up a list of available parameters denoted on the left margin by a "(*)" or "( )". Using [enter] will toggle to between selected ("(*)") and unselected ("( )").
Old Wed, June 8th, 2011, 10:21 PM
CAD Guy

I read your post a couple of times before what you are saying sunk in. I guess it has been a long time since I have changed any of those settings. Now that you spell it out I think I was doing it wrong.

I will check it out.

I really appreciate the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
If you look, you will see that you have different types of display options (1,2,3, and 4 parameters). If you select (hit [enter]) on the 4 gauge screen, you will see that there are the 4 different parameters displayed that you have listed.

You can use the up/down arrow buttons to select what you'd like changed and hit [enter]. This will bring up a list of available parameters denoted on the left margin by a "(*)" or "( )". Using [enter] will toggle to between selected ("(*)") and unselected ("( )").
Old Thu, June 9th, 2011, 07:36 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

What I wrote is confusing, but it's SO hard to convey the actual process through written words.
Old Thu, June 9th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
You SHOULD be able to display the values you want, with one exception: Oil Temperature. Ford discontinued the Oil Temperature Sender in the more recent trucks, I think starting in 2008?

- Jack
I think between '06 and '07. There was a guy on F150online who's display said "0" and it was an '07

Cody, why not make a video of all the features and how to make them work? You could do that from your desk probably.
Old Thu, June 9th, 2011, 11:32 AM
CAD Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
What I wrote is confusing, but it's SO hard to convey the actual process through written words.

I disagree! When I read it I realized what I was doing wrong. That means your post made sense.

Well done, and again I thank you for the help. I am really excited for my custom tunes to arrive.

Wile_E