Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, November 10th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Whopper Junior

Windrunner408 is on a distinguished road
Default Vehicle Strategy Question

I have a question that I am not sure deals with a vehicle's strategy or not but am hoping can be answered here. I have a 2006 F350 with a 6.0L. I have an egr delete, exhaust, intake, head studs, and VXCF4HB strategy.

What I am noticing is that when I am cruising down the hwy at say 70 mph and the Intake Air Temp reaches 85*F, it feels like my engine starts to defuel and the cruising boost level goes up about 3 psi and my EGTs actually drop about 50*F.

My question is, IS this being caused by my vehicle strategy such that when the PCM sees the higher IATs that it automatically defuels to protect the engine or is it some other problem like a sensor that is malfunctioning?

I ask because I see PHP does PCM reflashes and am wondering if reflashing to a different strategy would solve this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Thu, November 10th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

I can't help with the issue your having, but you have the best PCM calibration that was available. PHP rolls back most of the 05-07 PCM to the VXCF4.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Thu, November 10th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Whopper Junior

Windrunner408 is on a distinguished road

Well it is good to know that I have a good PCM calibration but would really like to know what could be causing this condition.

What has me baffeled is it acts like a switch. When the OAT/IAT is less than 80*F, i.e. 79*F, the truck runs like it has all the power in the world but when the OAT/IAT hits 80*F or goes higher, it runs like it isnt getting enough fuel and is boosting the piss out of the turbo and am just wondering if this is the PCM protecting the motor or something else causing this.