Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Mon, August 6th, 2012, 11:02 AM
FarmFan90

farmfan90 is on a distinguished road
Default Remote Programmers Working to do an ECM rollback

So I'm a new member to the forum and from what I've read and heard this is the place to be for ECM and FICM tuning questions!!

I had an SCT programmer on my truck and loved the initial bump of power from the canned tunes. I walked out to my truck one morning to find it ransacked and my programmer as well as some other items stolen from the glove box and center console. Therefore currently my '06 F350 SRW is stuck on the performance can-tune from SCT. I was in a rush to get the programmer on and only had it a matter of a few days before it was stolen. In my rush and excitement I failed to down load my stock file from the SCT.

I had considered my options and until I found PHP I thought I was stuck having Ford reflash my truck to the newest flash stock strategy and going from there. Then I heard about PHP's ability to roll back to previous strategies and a shining star had been found!

I have finally purchased another SCT this weekend. It was used from a previous 6.0l owner who moved back to the half-ton world. The best part was he already had custom tunes from Vivian that he loved running on his '06. I had previous plans of trying the Looney Tune and this seemed like a perfect fit!!

The only issue with my situation was his strategy that the tunes are written to was a VXCF5H5 and mine is VXCF9H7. I figured on having Bill and the gang roll mine back to the VXCF5H5 and we would be good to go.

So here are the questions:
1) I just wanted to check with y'all on here and get your opinion if there was anything further i needed to do?
2) Can the remote programmers they talk about on the website to remote program FICM tunes, work to roll back ECM? Or is that service only available on the mail in option?
3) I noticed on the website that is gives a caution to owners with a VXCF9xx strategy to do the roll back, which i am planning to. I just wanted to know if these are the "FICM Killer" strategies i have read about?
4) And if so, does the FICM "NEED" to be tuned to a different hybrid FICM calibration (i.e. Atlas 40) or will the ECM roll back take care of the issue.

For reference I am running a FICM voltage monitor and it has held steady between 47-49V.

Thanks again for all your time and I greatly appreciate any helpful info!
Old Tue, August 7th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

In red below

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmfan90 View Post
So I'm a new member to the forum and from what I've read and heard this is the place to be for ECM and FICM tuning questions!!

I had an SCT programmer on my truck and loved the initial bump of power from the canned tunes. I walked out to my truck one morning to find it ransacked and my programmer as well as some other items stolen from the glove box and center console. Therefore currently my '06 F350 SRW is stuck on the performance can-tune from SCT. I was in a rush to get the programmer on and only had it a matter of a few days before it was stolen. In my rush and excitement I failed to down load my stock file from the SCT.

I had considered my options and until I found PHP I thought I was stuck having Ford reflash my truck to the newest flash stock strategy and going from there. Then I heard about PHP's ability to roll back to previous strategies and a shining star had been found!

I have finally purchased another SCT this weekend. It was used from a previous 6.0l owner who moved back to the half-ton world. The best part was he already had custom tunes from Vivian that he loved running on his '06. I had previous plans of trying the Looney Tune and this seemed like a perfect fit!!

The only issue with my situation was his strategy that the tunes are written to was a VXCF5H5 and mine is VXCF9H7. I figured on having Bill and the gang roll mine back to the VXCF5H5 and we would be good to go.

So here are the questions:
1) I just wanted to check with y'all on here and get your opinion if there was anything further i needed to do?
2) Can the remote programmers they talk about on the website to remote program FICM tunes, work to roll back ECM? Or is that service only available on the mail in option?Yes the remote ficm programmers can be used for rollbacks
3) I noticed on the website that is gives a caution to owners with a VXCF9xx strategy to do the roll back, which i am planning to. I just wanted to know if these are the "FICM Killer" strategies i have read about? You have the FICM strategy that comes with VXCF9, so your in better shape than someone who has the strategy that came with VXCF5. However you will still see benefits from the A40 PHP FICM program.
4) And if so, does the FICM "NEED" to be tuned to a different hybrid FICM calibration (i.e. Atlas 40) or will the ECM roll back take care of the issue. It doesnt need to be, but it helps. The ECM programing does not effect the FICM programming.

For reference I am running a FICM voltage monitor and it has held steady between 47-49V. Those are good numbers

Thanks again for all your time and I greatly appreciate any helpful info!
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Wed, August 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM
FarmFan90

farmfan90 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the information!

6.0L - Auto
Stock 20's
SCT x3
Edge Insight CTS
MBRP 4" exhaust