Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1983 to 1994˝ 7.3L and 6.9L IDI

1983 to 1994˝ 7.3L and 6.9L IDI Got one of those old mechanical injected 7.3L or 6.9L trucks? This is the place for you!

Old Fri, October 9th, 2009, 01:04 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The 3AC was not nearly as sexy as the old 2TC and 3TC engines in the late '70s Corollas. THOSE were screamers with a set of Weber side drafts.

Talk about fun!

My other favorite Jap "box" car, Mazda RX4 with a 13B and a Weber 48 IDA carb. With extend port work, those things were AWESOME! Add a little nitrous and you had a car that would eat a big block for lunch. Heck, who needs Apex Seals anyway?

Of course, no list would be complete without the Opel Manta. Fun, fun, fun no matter how you slice it.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, October 14th, 2009, 10:38 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Well, the truck's been gone since Monday morning and I have yet to hear back about it......... Yet.

It's something I don't want to work on again. I guess unless it's ball joints or something not related to the transmission or engine.
Old Tue, October 27th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

You've convinced me! The next time someone approaches me to rebuild their engine, I'm going the look them right in the eye and say, "HE11 NO!"

Those kinds of projects stink. I'm so sorry you had to get into that mess. :sadface:

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, October 27th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Double Whopper

John Anderson is on a distinguished road

Finally finished up my customer's Mustang project too. I guess the dyno/tuning at the end of the project has made up for all the grief. We didn't put the smaller pulley on for reliability reasons till it is safely back in Florida. At 8 psi it is laying down 455 hp at the wheels. Test drives working out some part throttle issues have been fun.
Old Tue, October 27th, 2009, 10:26 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
The 3AC was not nearly as sexy as the old 2TC and 3TC engines in the late '70s Corollas. THOSE were screamers with a set of Weber side drafts.

Talk about fun!

My other favorite Jap "box" car, Mazda RX4 with a 13B and a Weber 48 IDA carb. With extend port work, those things were AWESOME! Add a little nitrous and you had a car that would eat a big block for lunch. Heck, who needs Apex Seals anyway?

Of course, no list would be complete without the Opel Manta. Fun, fun, fun no matter how you slice it.
Well your are getting close to the car I used to drive in scca. It was a rx3 with 2 13b's bolted together and with a holly 600 dp each. We had to add lead weights in the back to keep the rear from sliding all over. Our mazda's weakest links were the water pump and the altenator. Back in the early 90's no one really designed and made high rpm compenents for this set up. During a race we consistantly were in the 9K-11k rpm area. Those rotary's sure could take it.
LOL's
Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Three months it's been gone and I haven't heard back from the guy so I guess he either hasn't driven it at all since he picked it up or he sold it.
Old Sun, January 3rd, 2010, 08:19 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Or it's been working perfect, though its nice to hear that from a customer since usually all you hear is when it's not.
Old Mon, January 4th, 2010, 08:55 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Lars,

How difficult is it to clock the crankshaft so you have a true 12 cylinder? One of things I always wondered about.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, January 4th, 2010, 10:09 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

The owner of the race team came up with an indexable adapter plate that connected the 2 motors. His original concept was to try the 12 cylinder idea. He tried first at a 30* offset from tdc of one motor to the other. This created a harmonic vibration.(To this day I still think it had something to do with the exhaust set up) The best solution he found was tdc to tdc of each motor, so it became a beefy 6. Some of the other trial and error thing discovered were each motor needed its own exhaust system manifolds and piping. Tru duals was to be the optimum for each motor but due to clearance issues 2 into 1 systems were utilized for each. So it looked like dual exhaust but was actually a seperate outlet pipe for each motor. He even prototyped a intake manifold for a holly 800 that connected both motors but the outer most runners were lean an the inners were rich. If he could have put an EFI system on this application it would have been the cats meow for the car.
He was the type of guy that would tear everything down and start in a new direction any time he encountered a problem.
Wouldn't keep any of the old concepts they would just become scrap.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, January 14th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Three months it's been gone and I haven't heard back from the guy so I guess he either hasn't driven it at all since he picked it up or he sold it.
Sometimes that sort of silence is the best!
I know from experience, some people can be the pickiest, finding fault with imaginary problems, and others could have a serious complication and be the most understanding and patient person you could think ever existed.
Hopefully everything is just working fine, and the guy understands that rebuilds are not always just like a brand new factory engine and appreciates/understands that fact.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.