Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Whopper

lordfeyr is on a distinguished road
Default Received Gryphon Today! + Hex Code

I received my Gryphon Today and installation was SIMPLE!!!

Right now I have it on Level 2 until my custom tunes are ready. By the way I updated my profile to have my hex code but ill put it here too

TEJF4E5.HEX

I think that last one was a 5....

I had a question though. My truck now makes this strange Vibration Buzz sound when stepping on the gas. This can be heard and felt in the pedal...

Anyone have this issue before? Anything to be worried about? Does it go away after time as the tranny etc... adjust to the settings?
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 09:13 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfeyr View Post
I received my Gryphon Today and installation was SIMPLE!!!

Right now I have it on Level 2 until my custom tunes are ready. By the way I updated my profile to have my hex code but ill put it here too

TEJF4E5.HEX

I think that last one was a 5....

I had a question though. My truck now makes this strange Vibration Buzz sound when stepping on the gas. This can be heard and felt in the pedal...

Anyone have this issue before? Anything to be worried about? Does it go away after time as the tranny etc... adjust to the settings?
I see you have a commercial CAI. I suspect you are hearing what is known as "intake drone". Bill can minimize or eliminate that with the custom tunes. Until you get them, you should probably use Level 2 (tow), because it is a richer tune and intakes can make your truck run lean on other canned tunes. Also, because of the intake, it's probably not a good idea to "stomp" on it a lot until you get your custom tunes that will account for it.

Oh, and your HEX code looks right. The last character is almost certainly a "five", not an "ess".

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I see you have a commercial CAI. I suspect you are hearing what is known as "intake drone". Bill can minimize or eliminate that with the custom tunes. Until you get them, you should probably use Level 2 (tow), because it is a richer tune and intakes can make your truck run lean on other canned tunes. Also, because of the intake, it's probably not a good idea to "stomp" on it a lot until you get your custom tunes that will account for it.

Oh, and your HEX code looks right. The last character is almost certainly a "five", not an "ess".

- Jack
Thanks for the reply. Would the level 2 tune bring about that drone? Ive had the intake on for a couple weeks and never experienced it until right after putting the tuner in.
Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 09:22 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfeyr View Post
Thanks for the reply. Would the level 2 tune bring about that drone? Ive had the intake on for a couple weeks and never experienced it until right after putting the tuner in.
Interesting! It might. You could try the Level 1 (Tranny Only) tune then. Essentially, it leaves your engine at the stock A/F and spark settings but does all the good stuff to your transmission that makes driving so much better. If the noise goes away, I would say the engine adjustments in the Level 2 tune, coupled with your intake are the cause. And, I'd leave it in the Level 1 tune till you get your custom tune(s).

This information would be very helpful to Bill when he writes your custom tune, so that the noise is eliminated.

- Jack
Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 10:29 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

If the drone is annoying you?
The thing I'd suggest is put the stock intake back on and wait to reinstall the roush CAI until your custom tunes are done.
Then you could safely try all the tunes.
Just a thought.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Whopper

Im at work right now so I will try level 1 when I get off. This morning the noise was noiceable less compared to last night so maybe operating temps or outside temp

The noise is not really bothering me its just new so I wasn sure if its normal since the intake was on before the tunes with no drone. That and I felt it more than just heard it.

I am thinking its the intake now as it only happens coming off idle with lower rpms and slight throttle.
Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 04:04 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

The other thing I'll add is when you first program the pcm, the gryphon needs to build files and the pcm starts to learn new strategies. So some noise at first may be reduced over time but it also may slightly increase. The CAI noise is kind of a crap shoot with the canned tunes.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Double Whopper

bambo2888 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
The other thing I'll add is when you first program the pcm, the gryphon needs to build files and the pcm starts to learn new strategies. So some noise at first may be reduced over time but it also may slightly increase. The CAI noise is kind of a crap shoot with the canned tunes.
i actually noticed that today. i did about three different tunes today, with test drives in between. after loading each tune, there was a drone, but went away a few minutes of driving. this happened EACH time i loaded a tune, with only about 2 min between drives.
Gryphon Programmer custom tuned by Bill at PHP ~ 325/60/18 Terra Grapplers ~ K&N Cold Air ~ 2.5 HBS Level ~ Skyjacker Shocks ~ SI/DO Flowmaster 40 w/ deleted rear cats ~ 8000k HID headlights and foglights ~ Blacked out tails ~ Hardwired STI Driver ~ Rockford Fosgate Amp, 10" Sub, w/ Infinity References

BLACKED OUT TAILS FOR SALE!!