Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Bacon King

Pocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS View Post
What transmission are you running? Could it be the way the hard parts are set up in the transmission? Orifice size for the TC lockup, valve body set up etc?
I got it figured out a while back. It wasn't a transmission issue (I'm running a BTS), it was simply tuning. I had some pressures that were higher than stock, and on the 4-3 downshift it would slam hard. Knocked down the pressures, increased the delay slightly, and afterwards I could barely feel it.

Funny part is, after all that effort, I don't even use the downshifting anymore. My shift strategy is very close to stock now. Before I had a problem with too much fuel at lower RPM's, so my shift strategy was designed to keep the RPM's up. Now I don't have the fueling problem, so I don't care about lower RPM's as much. Besides, with the amount of fueling I'm throwing at lower RPM's and lower throttle position, it takes quite a bit of throttle movement just to get the fueling up. At that point, the PCM is already commanding a downshift. So then my RPM's catch up, I don't get a lugging engine, I don't get black smoke, and my fueling kicks in at that point.

Problem solved on my end, and the truck drives and shifts like a dream. I can always tell if my tuning and shifting is spot on when my wife comments about how well it drives.