Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, April 14th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Whopper Junior

jb526 is on a distinguished road
Default Concern

I was planning on purchasing a Gryphon, but I'm a little concerned after reading many of the forums here. How long should plan on waiting if I purchase a Gryphon with two custom tunes(It appears I'd need them since I have a green cold air intake and cat back exhaust).

Once I buy the unit, can it be used with the "canned tunes" until the custom ones are ready? And, what process is involved with adding the custon tunes?

Sorry, I just don't want to spend $460 without knowing what I'm getting in to.
Old Tue, April 14th, 2009, 10:40 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

You have the right to be concerned about spending $460!
If you purchase the gryphon you don't have to use the canned tunes right away. It can be used as a gauge until you get your customs. You could run level 2 tow canned tune with your mods until yours are ready also. You do need to plug it in to get the hex code anyway.
Average wait time is 5-8 weeks for custom tunes.
Buy custom tunes from someone else 5-8 months and might be more dough.
These custom tunes are tailored to you and your truck, they do take time to write. You could go out and get generic tunes real quick but they might not be the ideal way to go.
Don't let some bad posts sway you away. Check out posts on f150 online in their tuners and programmers section.
"You decide"

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Whopper Junior

Thanks for the input. I only know what I'm reading on different forums about tuners, which led me to the gryphon from PHP. I guess the wait didn't seem bad for the custom tunes, I wasn't sure if the unit could be used at all until then. Fortunately, you were able to clear it up for me.
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for jumping in to help, Lars! Just wanted to let jb526 know, though, that we're working on getting caught up on custom tuning. Our goal is to get back to a four week wait, but for now, it's closer to eight weeks.

Next week is our first official No-Phone-Calls week (so that we can work on custom tuning and other projects). I'll have a better idea late next week about how much we get caught up.

And Lars is right! Ask as many questions as you need to! I sure would!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

And to elaborate slightly on what Lars said -

The main concern with CAI's is that they CAN (but may not) make the engine run "lean". An advantage of using the "canned" Level 2 tow tune is that it is a slightly "richer" tune, which might counter some of the leaning effects of your CAI.

Bill's custom tunes, however, will be written with your CAI in mind, and they will set your engine up perfectly.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Whopper Junior

Thanks again, I ordered it earlier today with two custom tunes. Now I just have to wait.
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 09:54 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb526 View Post
Thanks again, I ordered it earlier today with two custom tunes. Now I just have to wait.
Cool, hopefully, it won't be too long for you. That's the trouble with becoming famous - you get to be in high demand!

- Jack
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 10:31 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb526 View Post
Now time will start to move really slow.

Just kidding, it move by faster than what you think.

Congrats on your purchase!

Lars

Old Tue, April 21st, 2009, 08:48 PM
Whopper Junior

tequilajohnson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Thanks for jumping in to help, Lars! Just wanted to let jb526 know, though, that we're working on getting caught up on custom tuning. Our goal is to get back to a four week wait, but for now, it's closer to eight weeks.

Next week is our first official No-Phone-Calls week (so that we can work on custom tuning and other projects). I'll have a better idea late next week about how much we get caught up.

And Lars is right! Ask as many questions as you need to! I sure would!
I am at 11 1/2 weeks and still have not received mine. You said there was 11 people ahead of me 14 days ago.
Old Tue, April 21st, 2009, 09:13 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequilajohnson View Post
I am at 11 1/2 weeks and still have not received mine. You said there was 11 people ahead of me 14 days ago.
Use the pm options and send message to groovy chick. I'm with Jack on this: posts are hit and miss. Pm's are more direct.

Lars