Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Tue, September 14th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Whopper

CompOrangeCobra is on a distinguished road
Default FU or FU2

I have a 2000 ford excursion with an intake and exhaust and will be installing a nice hard hitting VB and wanted to know if the FU calibrations are available with stock line pressure or will I have to go with a FU2???
Old Tue, September 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The FU calibrations are designed for stock transmissions so your Excursion will shift REALLY hard with an aftermarket valve body and FU tunes.

Be aware as well that your Excursion's PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System) will be disabled unless your PCM is shipped to PHP to be read. The calibrations for your Excursion will then be written with the PATS information present so the PATS will operate like stock.

If you're paying for FU2 tunes, then it would make sense to retain the PATS system.
Old Wed, September 15th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Whopper

Thanks for the reply Cody, I'm new to this PSD thing and once owning a very hard shifting lightning, I miss those days, I never minded the neck snapping, tire chirping shifts but will there be any adverse affects on my drivetrain ie trans, transfer case, etc going with an aftermarket VB and high line pressures per the FU tunes? Again...I don't mind "very hard" shifts.
Old Wed, September 15th, 2010, 03:26 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The shifts shouldn't be neck-snapping with the FU and a valve body, but you will definitely know that it shifted!! Most people find the shifts too hard, but if you like hard shifts, you should be right at home. Keep in mind that with the FU and without sending in your PCM, the PATS system will by bypassed.

Really, neck-snapping shifts aren't really good for things, but for the most part, firmer is better. The torque converter input shaft splines and intermediate one way clutch are the main things to worry about.
Old Wed, September 15th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Whopper

What kind of turn around can I expect if I send in the PCM? Does the $675 include the tunes with the FU2 chip? Vehicle should be able to operate with the "PATS" system disabled correct?...I'm planning on going with a top of the line alarm/remote start system anyway...
Old Wed, September 15th, 2010, 05:57 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

The $675 includes 6 custom tunes.

The vehicle will operate and drive normally with the PATS disabled but the "THEFT" light will flash for a few minutes after start-up unless you unplug the PATS module (green or red connector going into a module near the accelerator pedal).
Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Projects...

RMBC Freeride is on a distinguished road

To the OP, I have a John Wood VB and the FU chip. My shifts are firm, but by no means "neck-snapping". In fact they are less firm than I had feared they would be, perfect IMO. So if you haven't purchased your VB yet, you might consider the JW, and go ahead with the FU instead of the FU2.

Just my opinion from a very pleased FU owner!
2002 Excursion LTD-Ultimate 4WD 7.3 PSD (major project - here): 35" Dura-Grapplers, V-codes+2.5" leveling kit front, C-code+extra leaf rear, 4" turbo-back, EBPV delete, 1.0AR Turbo, Bellowed up-pipes, DIY 6637, Wicked Wheel, 6.0 I/C&Trns/C, RiffRaff HPx, AIH & FRx, PHP FU Tunes!
DEARLY MISSED: '99 Lightning, '99 F-250 SD CC PSD
Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Whopper

Thanks Neil, for the insight, I think I'll be very happy with the aftermarket vb and the fu chip
Old Mon, November 1st, 2010, 02:18 PM
Whopper

Ok...want do I need to get to place my order for a FU package...