Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Old Tue, March 20th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Whopper Junior

xraypower is on a distinguished road
Default New to forums new to PHP

Hello all I have read plenty of threads online but have never posted to one before . I currently have a 1998 f150 4x4 with the 4.6L I have a quite a few mods and run an Edge Evolution CS gas. I am very interested in turning my edge into a gryphon and getting custom tunes for all of my mods. I have been calling PHP for the last three weeks but nobody has ever answered the phone I have also tried email with no luck. Since I have no idea how this stuff works I'm just going to put it out here. I would like to run a 87 octane towing or economy program a 87 octane performance program and a 91 or 92 octane performance option. Is it possible to run all three? Also how does pricing work per program ? Per mod per program?

Any ideas on what I can get expect for horsepower and torque gains?

Mods are as follows
Electric fans from Troyer Performance , Under drive pulley from Troyer Performance , K&N 57 series air intake , Edelbrock throttle body , Full MSD ignition upgrade , Magnaflow cat back 3" single out , JBA jet hot shorty headers , Edge Evolution CS Gas .
Old Wed, March 21st, 2012, 07:54 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Welcome

This section is not for questions.

But if you are only asking to know,

Ordering page
You'll be using the form for a third party CS if you didn't buy it from PHP.

So far my custom tow tune gets me the best mileage. A regular grade performance and premium grade performance are also very fun to have. You can have all three on the programmer and run which ever one you prefer.

These are the gains expected for the 04+, I seem to remember the older ones like yours being around half this.
• Gains of up to 35 HP and 45 ft/lbs (5.4L 3-Valve engine)
• Gains of up to 25 HP and 40 ft/lbs (4.6L & 5.4L 2-Valve engine)

Luckily you have a rather common list of mods so it shouldn't be very difficult to tune.
Old Thu, March 22nd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Whopper Junior

xraypower is on a distinguished road

Yes I have had my edge evolution cs gas or a year now so this would basically be a great upgrade for me.

So if I understand correctly the gryphon would be 25 hp upgrade from stock and 10 hp up from a straight out of the box edge programmer. An Edge CS will give my truck a 7 hp increase in towing and 15hp increasing extreme. It’s not much since I have a 1998 f150 but I have come to accept it as is and I love my truck. When I first started upgrading it was to increase fuel economy from 11 city and 17 highway and I was very successful and currently get 15- 16 city and 22 -25 highway. The horsepower was an added bonus I went from stock 220 hp to 340 hp and that’s only with bolt on mods someday I will tear into the engine to see just how much I can get out of a 4.6L 281.

Thanks for the info.

And sorry I cant seam to find the question section.
Old Thu, March 22nd, 2012, 10:03 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Nice, what all did you do?
Edit: we already went over that.

Here is a good section.
Gryphon™ CS and CTS Programmer - Power Hungry Performance Forum

Last edited by Longshot270; Thu, March 22nd, 2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old Wed, April 18th, 2012, 11:37 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Tags
new tune