Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Old Wed, December 28th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Whopper Junior

dewserb is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings, Gang!

My name is Jason, and at 38 years of age, I've recently started my life all over again. At 24, I was married, and we remained together for 12 years. It was only after reconnecting with my MAJOR high school crush a couple of years ago that I realized what true happiness is. So, on October 16th last year, I married my high school crush!

She has a 16 year old daughter, and even though 16 year old girls can be QUITE challenging (especially to brand new step-dads), the only way I could love her any more is if she was my own. As is the case with most people who start brand new after a divorce (and having to pay out quite a large sum of money to pay off my ex's share of the equity in my home) finances are tight. Factor in the current horrible economic state, the fact that my step-daughter has both blown the engine in and totaled the car we gave her within a month's time, finances have been exceptionally tight in our household.

I've ALWAYS wanted to get a performance "module" of some sort, but I've also always been the type who never spends much on myself. I'd rather spend what little I have left over on my family. However, my precious wife knows that I love my truck (a 2005 F-150 Super Crew Lariat 4x4) so she scrapped up what money she could get her hands on and made me a Christmas present of it to get whatever I could get with that amount to spend on my truck.

So I found an Edge Evolution on craigslist for just that amount. Long story short, the guy said he'd returned everything to stock but he hadn't. I told him neither I nor anyone else could use it the way it is, and after much back-and-forth dealing, he agreed to let me have it for $70.

After all of this, I was pretty bummed and really didn't know how or where to proceed. This is my precious wife's Christmas present to me, and I wanted to make this thing work so badly because I know that she's happy with what makes me happy and all I ever want is to make her happy. Another long story short (although not much of this is short....I didn't intend for this to turn into a life story...honest!) I got some invaluable help from 88racing. He and I actually talked on the phone for the better part of an hour last night, and since he knew I'm a complete newbie in such matters, he showed me the highlights of how these things work and how I should proceed. I hope to be able to return the favor to him someday.

So this morning I talked to Bill about my situation, and I can honestly say that I've NEVER received such hands-on, friendly, generous, and enlightening service! Just when I thought customer service was a dead art, I get THE BEST service I've had in any situation from Bill. Again, I hope to get the opportunity to repay him for helping me through my situation.

Now my Evo is unlocked, and I can't wait to hook it up and play with it! Of course, it's full potential won't be realized until I get it "Gryphonized", and that will DEFINITELY happen soon!

Anyway, there's my story. I honestly didn't mean for it to turn into a novel, but now you guys know a little about me. I'm glad to be aboard, and I'm ready and willing to learn as much as I can!

Best regards,

Jason
Old Wed, December 28th, 2011, 02:13 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, December 29th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Hunted1

Hunted1 is on a distinguished road

welcome
Old Fri, December 30th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Whopper Junior

dewserb is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys! Glad to be here. I'm enjoying reading and learning about my new mod!