Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, December 9th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Whopper

cartmanea is on a distinguished road
Default FICM Programming Questions

I'm about ready to get my FICM programmed, but have a few last questions. First, with FICM programming, will I see much if any difference in mileage if I have my current '03 flash VXAP1 (06e17 EBP recall) or the latest Ford flash? I kinda would like to get it updated for the VGT and EGR cycling improvements and for any shifting improvements (if any). So with FICM tuning on both the earlier flash and the latest, would there be any differences?

My next question... I have an extra PCM and FICM, so if I get the latest flash I would use the spares so I keep my original programming on my old set. Now, if I got a FICM tuned, would it work properly for both the older and newest strategies, or do you make any changes in programming for each strategy? So would I be able to use your tuned FICM with both PCMs down the road?

Thanks!
Old Sun, December 13th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Whopper

Input please, I'd like to get moving on this. Thanks!
Old Tue, December 15th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Whopper

Anyone?
Old Tue, December 15th, 2009, 10:02 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I can't personally answer this. I apologize for your need to report this post.

I will see if I can get Bill to get an answer to you.
Old Tue, December 15th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Whopper

Thank you!
Old Thu, December 17th, 2009, 08:24 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanea View Post
I'm about ready to get my FICM programmed, but have a few last questions. First, with FICM programming, will I see much if any difference in mileage if I have my current '03 flash VXAP1 (06e17 EBP recall) or the latest Ford flash? I kinda would like to get it updated for the VGT and EGR cycling improvements and for any shifting improvements (if any). So with FICM tuning on both the earlier flash and the latest, would there be any differences?

My next question... I have an extra PCM and FICM, so if I get the latest flash I would use the spares so I keep my original programming on my old set. Now, if I got a FICM tuned, would it work properly for both the older and newest strategies, or do you make any changes in programming for each strategy? So would I be able to use your tuned FICM with both PCMs down the road?

Thanks!
I apologize for the delayed response. I've been of the forums for about a week or so trying to get caught up on other stuff.

As to your questions, they're both really the same question. The updated FICM will work with either strategy, regardless of the ECM calibrations.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, December 17th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Whopper

Thanks Bill. I've heard you've been very busy and appreciate the answer. Will the reprogrammed FICM give strategy mismatch codes with either or both ECM calibrations?