Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, May 5th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Whopper

MJ365 is on a distinguished road
Question Reprogramming Questions

Hello, new guy here. Due to the fact that I have to pull my turbo off for a scrubbing I was thinking of having the ECM, TCM, and FICM on my truck reprogrammed back to the way it came when I bought it. Would be nice to get 17.5 mpg driving to work again and pull hills in OD with a trailer with the Tow/Haul working the way it used supposed to. Ford really ruined what I bought with these flashes. I never had a problem with the turbo or my egr until I fell for the reflash BS and now it's a turd. Anyone care to let me know what cost would be redo both computers?
Old Sat, May 8th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Whopper

mr.c is on a distinguished road

I had my computers flashed back and I am truly enjoying having the engine braking back again in tow haul mode. I can't speak to the price as I had mine done on a Christmas time special pricing. My 2004 certainly starts quicker with the original programming as well. I am not sure about the power level since I bought another ECM on Ebay to use while the original was being reprogrammed. It apparently had been "tuned" and was strong. Really strong. So it confused my point of reference.
Old Sun, May 9th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Whopper

Mine started quicker with the original strategy too. It also had a noticable bark when it lit off, not the lazy sounding ignition is has now. When mine was new it would smoke the tires like nothing and pulled my car trailer like it wasn't even there. Now its okay on flat ground but you get into a hill and if I'm not going 70mph it won't hold OD locked up because I have the accel pedal halfway to the floor or more when just starting to climb. I could go over the same hill in OD lockup at 55-60mph before and it just took a little extra pedal to go up. I lost 2 mpg towing the same route with the crappy ford flashes as well. I don't drive it to work half as much as I did because of the lazy way it always feels.

Also, mine always started mint unplugged even down to 0*F with 15w-40 syn oil in it so I didn't even need the the IH crap.

All I want is the truck that I paid for, nothing more. Well maybe I'll have to get some kind of upgrade well I'm at it. If I don't get any pricing info by Monday afternoon I guess I'll just give a call to you folks to find out. As soon as I get my turbo hardware kit I want to send the modules in while I have it apart. Thanks for any help.
Old Mon, May 10th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

$150 for the FICM, and $200 for the ECM/TCM
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Tue, May 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Whopper

Thanks for the help. Too bad the PCM/TCM can't be done remotely like the FICM. That would sure be great, but I'll take what I can get as I am sure sick of driving this thing the way it is. I'll get my authorization form faxed in so I can send them in ASAP.