Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, September 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Whopper

Kwattro is on a distinguished road
Supercharger and Gryphoon?

I need way more power for towing my RV, especially on the hills. I already have an Edge which I absolutely LOVE what it's done to the truck, especially the transmission. However I'm resigned to the fact that I'll need forced induction to accomplish my goals. I've begun researching different kits this week. However, I'd like my brand new Edge/'Phoon modified to work with the supercharger. I'm curious if PHP can accomplish that for me. I live nowhere near PHP so my idea is if Bill has done a similar kit before to send what he has already just to get me up and running, then I'll hit the dyno, do a data log and a few runs, then send that info to Bill for tweaking if needed, I understand there will be some back and forth and I'm fine with that. In my case I'm not out for that absolute last possible 1/16 horsepower I can squeeze out of the truck. I just need more jam to get up the hills when towing and err on the side of caution.

Does anyone on here have a Gryphoon controlling their supercharged truck?

Looking for a good deal on a supercharger kit!
Old Thu, September 3rd, 2009, 08:18 AM
mad cow member

Rustler is on a distinguished road

This is a smokin deal.
Click here. dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1599

HTH...R
Old Thu, September 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

There are only but a few that have a sc with gryphon customs to run the vehicle. They are 97-03's.
There maybe one with 04-08 truck.

Lars.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, September 19th, 2009, 09:09 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Actually, we've done several Roush kits with accompanying tunes. It all really depends on the supercharger kit you plan on running. In most applications, we simply take the base calibrations that Roush provides and make minor improvements to help improve certain drivability aspects. This works well since the base Roush tunes are set up based on the specifics of the supercharger kit.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Whopper

Kwattro is on a distinguished road

Bill, thank you so much for replying, that helps TREMENDOUSLY. I would much much rather keep my Edge/Gryphoon to control the blower.
Old Wed, March 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Bacon King

UNITY is on a distinguished road

I just did a search and found this thread because I am in need of the same thing.

I destroyed the engine in my truck last month and will be putting a roush stage 3 engine with supercharger in it now. I have every thing for it minus a couple minor details.... and the ecm.

I already have an Edge programmer that I would like to send in to PHP and have changed with the proper tuning. I have a couple of extra modifications such as 60k coil packs, jba headers, 3" exhaust and the transmission has a Troyer performance valve body.

The truck is on 37" tires right now with stock gears (changing those soon with the new 9" rear end) and Comp cams will be using my truck for a prototype for the new Thumper Cams.

All in all I would like to get every thing running as well as possible with a lot of reliable power. I know those two words don't go together well but I believe if a tuner knows what they are doing, well then there should be no problem.

Let me know if this sounds like some thing that can be done and if so I will be mailing you the edge this week so we can get started.

Thanks! -Eric
Old Wed, March 3rd, 2010, 02:48 PM
Bacon King

UNITY is on a distinguished road

Some thing interesting I found too that would be a Plus if it could be tuned around. There stage 4 package eliminates a major problem:

"Troyer Performance takes it to it's proper conclusion by additionally fixing several other issues in the standard calibration, the most important of which is the returnless fuel pump operation. We rewrite how the returnless fuel pump is controlled in several aspects that will now allow the factory PCM to accurately track the actual fuel pump flow rate and eliminate the problem of the fuel pump immediately hitting 100% duty cycle even at low rpm whenever full throttle is used, so we take care of that as well. These changes result in increased power-handling capacity of the fuel pump so that it can easily support even higher power levels at a significantly reduced duty cycle without the use of a BAP or other such device, as well as allowing the PCM to accurately track the actual fuel pump flow rate, complete accurate datalogging, and allows the system to consistently run at 39 PSI pressures at the fuel injectors as Ford designed under normal operating conditions (including full throttle), while still retaining the ability to deliver higher pressures if actually needed - thus retaining the normal safety features of the Ford electronic returnless fuel system. This process also frees up additional power, as the PCM no longer has to deliver extra voltage "on the fly" to the fuel pump due to an inaccurate fuel pump voltage table, and thus it no longer "robs" the ignition system of power that, in some cases, reduces engine output by 8-15 RWHP."