Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sat, March 6th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Whopper

GasPasser is on a distinguished road
Default iPhone/Radio interface

Hey guys, I'm looking to install an auxillary adapter to my factory radio so I can play my music from my iphone through my radio and control it from the dash.

Here's a link to it:

USA Spec iPod Interface Connects your iPod to select 2005-up Ford factory stereos without the satellite tuner installed at Crutchfield.com

I'd rather not pay for the instal of this as I'm sure it's a pretty easy install, I'm just not sure on how to get the dash off to get to the radio, etc..

Anyone know of a write up where someone did something similar to this or to a write up on how to get the dash taken off to get to the radio? This is for a 2005 F150.

Thanks.
Old Sat, March 6th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I cant seem to find the links to the good ones I've found but alot of them to say to either get a specific tool that looks like a little plastic pry bar or put a thin cloth over a butter knife to carefully pry the trim off. There are 6 little clips holding it on. The bottom two are just above the ash tray(on mine which has the auto tranny), the next two are about level with the bottom of the head unit and the last two are at the top. Just make sure it can be done. I almost ripped everything apart to hook up the RCA jacks for my subwoofers because a few company websites said it would work. The link you have looks like it is just a plug and play setup so getting to it the harnesses and stuff will take the most time.
Old Sat, March 6th, 2010, 10:23 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

This might be close.
It's for a 06.
Installed IPhone/Ipod Controller For Factory Stereo (2006) - F150online Forums

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, March 7th, 2010, 11:03 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I installed a Ford GPS unit in my truck (not a unit I'd really recommend) but it replaces the "tray" on the top of the dash so that's the first thing that's taken off. You just lift up the rubber mat and then you have easy access to the screws holding it in.

Once that's out, you have better access to the trim panel and you can possibly see down to where some of the clips are holding it on. I remember it being very easy to get off (I may have used a plastic putty knife as a pry tool.

With the trim panel off, everything is super easy to get to. It's got to be one of the simplest radio installations I've ever seen, and there's lots of room to work in there.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, March 7th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Whopper

GasPasser is on a distinguished road

This is awesome stuff guys thanks. That write up is the exact same controller only for the radio with the satellite controller. I don't have the satellite controller so I may have to pull the radio from the dash and plug into the back of it. But regardless that shows me how to get the dash off. I'll snap some photos when I do it.
Old Sun, March 7th, 2010, 10:28 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasPasser View Post
This is awesome stuff guys thanks. That write up is the exact same controller only for the radio with the satellite controller. I don't have the satellite controller so I may have to pull the radio from the dash and plug into the back of it. But regardless that shows me how to get the dash off. I'll snap some photos when I do it.
Anytime Dude!!!!!!!!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.