Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 08:04 AM
Whopper Junior

Volumebike2 is on a distinguished road
Default Question about Custom Tunes

Hey. I am new to this forum but i have been a member of F150online for a while now. I have a 2007 F150 with the 5.4l in it. Recently my injector got stuck on cylinder one and flooded out the cylinder and ended up bending the rod. So i just got the bottom end of the motor rebuilt and while the motor was out of the truck i got the heads port and polished and added ford racing cams to it. Right now i have the edge evolution in it but was wondering if bill would do custom tunes to help with the cams and head work. i get the truck back Monday so i am trying to figure out my options for tunes now before iget it back. Thanks for your help
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 08:40 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

First, to the forum! We're glad to have you here.

Now... What are the specs on the cams you're running? Stock compression? How aggressive was the port work? I've done some tuning for mild street cams on that engine so it shouldn't be a problem as long as the cams aren't too aggressive. If you can let me know on that, I can give you a better idea of whether or not it's something we could handle.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 09:25 AM
Whopper Junior

Volumebike2 is on a distinguished road

I am going to call up the shop its at today becuase the motor is coming back from machine shop today and he handled all of that and see how agressive the port work was and the specs on the cam. I do not think the cams are anymore then mild street cams but i will just make sure. All i was told from the shop owner was that he port and polished the head and put ford racing cams in for me and all I have to worry about is the bill lol. I appreciate your help.
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 09:51 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volumebike2 View Post
...all I have to worry about is the bill lol.

When they talk like that, it makes the fellas shrivel up!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!