Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sun, October 11th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Whopper

bustintheirazz is on a distinguished road
Default Engine Load Percentage

On the Gryphon, one of the options is an Engine Load percentage. Im not sure if anyone has played with this at all, or viewed it as your driving, but I figured I would try it out. So, everything seems to be fairly accurate until you are fully accelerating. When I am at 100% acceleration, the guage is reading 78-80%. Does this mean I still have 20% power remaining in the engine that is not getting fully optimized? Or is 100% load not equal to 100% acceleration? Maybe an outside mind could resolve this for me?
Old Sun, October 11th, 2009, 09:34 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustintheirazz View Post
On the Gryphon, one of the options is an Engine Load percentage. Im not sure if anyone has played with this at all, or viewed it as your driving, but I figured I would try it out. So, everything seems to be fairly accurate until you are fully accelerating. When I am at 100% acceleration, the guage is reading 78-80%. Does this mean I still have 20% power remaining in the engine that is not getting fully optimized? Or is 100% load not equal to 100% acceleration? Maybe an outside mind could resolve this for me?
I'm sure Bill can, not sure of anyone else's "outside mind". I imagine you are seeing the effect of a torque reduction strategy though. Possibly, to reduce strain on the transmission? But, I'm only guessing.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, October 11th, 2009, 11:01 AM
mad cow member

Rustler is on a distinguished road

Mine on canned level 2 acts the same as you state, empty.

I saw 92 ~ 98 % once when I pulled out on the 2 lane 70 mph speed limit country road and smushed the go pedal to da floor loaded with 2 round bales + 500 lbs of alfalfa cubes on the trailer and 500 lbs of corn in the bed.

IIRC 1st & 2nd were around 80 %, 3rd TC locked was 94 ~ 99%, OD was around 75% max, any more pressure on the go pedal caused a downshift.

I did have my trans shift firmness set higher wot shift points higher and some other things adjusted through the custom options menu.
Old Sun, October 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Like Jack stated before about the torque reduction stratedgy is probably a good reasonable assumption.
The other thing I will add is that with an automatic tranny with the fluid and clutches makes it harder to get a true read out or estimate.
A truer more accurate one could be done with a manual tranny.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, October 13th, 2009, 12:22 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

You may want to read this document. It explains why "full throttle" isn't always 100% Load.

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/php/Downloads/load_calculation.pdf

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!