Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sat, March 27th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Whopper

onelildude is on a distinguished road
Default Dyno Results

Im sure this has been covered but i can't find anything on it.......what are the dyno results for our trucks with 87/91/93 tunes????

Im trying to talk a buddy into getting a gryphon over an edge..any help is appreciated
2008 F150 XLT 4x4...6" Pro Comp Lift...Toyo Open Country M/T 35x12.5R20...Sound System...Gryphon w/custom tunes...Magnaflow SI/DO...S&B CAI...Kenwood DDX514...L.E.D. Turn Signals...LED Third Brakelight..."Functional" Ram Air Hood...Lots More To Come
Old Sat, March 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I don't know that anyone has published dyno results for the Gryphon, which is odd, when you think about it. One of our members was going to publish comparisons between the Gryphon and X3 a long time ago, but that never happened.

Bill DID publish a dyno graph in this forum about a year ago I think when he went to Edge to help them with their software for the 09 trucks. It was definitely an improvement over stock. For some reason, Edge has been super slow getting an Evolution out for 09-10 trucks and now I suspect they won't bother since they're pushing the CS and CTS units.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, March 27th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Whopper

i was just wondering if the 35hp that edge claims is a good reference........with the mods i have.. i put my engine at around 367'ish and my torque at 432'ish

I got those numbers from all of the dealer's websites for my CAI, exhaust, etc...
2008 F150 XLT 4x4...6" Pro Comp Lift...Toyo Open Country M/T 35x12.5R20...Sound System...Gryphon w/custom tunes...Magnaflow SI/DO...S&B CAI...Kenwood DDX514...L.E.D. Turn Signals...LED Third Brakelight..."Functional" Ram Air Hood...Lots More To Come
Old Sun, March 28th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Whopper

No one has seen any dyno results for 2004 - 2008 5.4's with a gryphon???
Old Sun, March 28th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Gryphon CTS

shotgun will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelildude View Post
i was just wondering if the 35hp that edge claims is a good reference........with the mods i have.. i put my engine at around 367'ish and my torque at 432'ish

I got those numbers from all of the dealer's websites for my CAI, exhaust, etc...
While you are definitely higher than stock , you can't determine your total hp by simply adding the hp for each individual mod.

I recall a Groovy Chick post where she said that if you have a programmer with a custom tune and then add an intake, you will only get about 1/2 the intake hp. She didn't offer a detailed explanation, but she did say it came from the Mad Doctor.

Also remember that most time the mod 'advertised numbers' are at the crank, not RWHP.

Factory manuals here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com
Old Fri, April 2nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Whopper

Keeblerz28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelildude View Post

Take your estimated flywheel hp, 367 or whatever, minus your transmission losses.. (367 x 0.75 = 275) Subtract a few more for your bigger, heavier tires (?25?) = 250. Reduced aerodynamics from a 6in lift.. (?25?) = 225. That's maybe what you're looking at for RWHP. Hopefully your performance mods are enough to cancel out your "cool factor" mods.
Old Fri, April 2nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
While you are definitely higher than stock , you can't determine your total hp by simply adding the hp for each individual mod.

I recall a Groovy Chick post where she said that if you have a programmer with a custom tune and then add an intake, you will only get about 1/2 the intake hp. She didn't offer a detailed explanation, but she did say it came from the Mad Doctor.

Also remember that most time the mod 'advertised numbers' are at the crank, not RWHP.
The numbers advertised on the website are at the wheels

· Gains of up to 35 HP and 45 ft/lbs (5.4L 3-Valve engine)
This is the 91-93 oct perf tune.
· Gains of up to 25 HP and 40 ft/lbs (4.6L & 5.4L 2-Valve engine)
This is also a 91-93 oct perf tune.

Adding a CAI to the equation will only get you about 6hp more.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.