Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Tue, June 1st, 2010, 10:06 PM
Double Whopper

Farmer11 is on a distinguished road
Default new ficm better, but still not great

Bill,
talked to you on the phone, got the new strategy, and it is definatly better than before, but it still is kinda sluggish til the engine is totally warm. im not sure if you can maybe tweak it a little bit more? or maybe i possibly do have a little injector trouble, though i do not think so. On the other hand, the mileage does seem to have increased, according to my lie-o-meter, which is usually pretty accurate. It seems as though its headed in the right direction

Sean
Old Wed, June 2nd, 2010, 07:54 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Cold start and driveability issues are almost always the result of injector spool valve "stiction".
Old Wed, June 2nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
Double Whopper

so your saying that i probably have injector issuses? Is there anyway i can test balance rates with my gryphon cs or the gryphon i have for ficm reprogramming? or am i going to have to take it to a diesel place?
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 09:17 PM
Diesel Tech

RoyBoy is on a distinguished road

I got the update installed the other day and this morning at 48° it started very good, only a slight flutter from one injector that cleared up totally in 3 minutes. We'll see how it does when it gets colder, but I think its going to be fine

2004 F350 6.0 6spd lots of mods
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 11:02 PM
Whopper

DoneDunIt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer11 View Post
so your saying that i probably have injector issuses? Is there anyway i can test balance rates with my gryphon cs or the gryphon i have for ficm reprogramming? or am i going to have to take it to a diesel place?
Don't know all of your current conditions. The CS and CTS as of yet will not do the balance test on the 6.0. That plus the lack of any fuel mileage is two things that I was let down with Edge for not including on the 6.0 trucks. I think they should note this in their ads, I saw the injector balance in the ads and thought it came with the CTS.

If you are already running a Synthetic Oil you could have an injector problem. Unless you live in a very warm area of the country, most non-synthetic 15-40w oil will cause the cold start issues in the 6.0 trucks. If not and you are out of warranty the first thing that you could try is the Rev-X additive. I know some think of anything added to oil as being "Snake Oil Additives" but many have cleared up any cold start issues with Rev-X. Many have added it in under 30 degree weather to find they don't have to plug the block heater in to get them started in the mornings. Go to other Diesel Forums and do a search on Rev-X. I know $70 is a lot of money to try to fix something, but if you don't have anyway to check the injectors then it would be cheaper than having to pay for a Diagnostic and they tell you that you need injectors. With it running good when warm, I really don't think you have any "Bad" injectors.

If you are close to an oil change you could try a Good CJ rated Synthetic yet most are $10 a gallon more than non. After the first double dose of Rev-X you only use one bottle at each oil change. So with the 6.0 needing 3 1/2 gallons of oil for each change, it would cover adding it to non-synthetic for the same cost.
Old Sat, June 12th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Double Whopper

Put in the revx additive this morning with the oil change, after running for a few minutes, drove it around, it was a completely different truck! We'll see how it goes the next few days, but it looks like i have finally gotten the ficm related/injector issues solved and can send back the ficm reprogrammer finally!!
Old Mon, June 14th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

That's awesome news! I sent Rev-X an e-mail over the weekend, and we are going to check into becoming a Rev-X dealer.

Thank you for the post.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, June 14th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Diesel Tech

RoyBoy is on a distinguished road

I've been using Rev-X for a while now. I guess the combination of that and FICM tuning fixed my truck up good... will see how it does once it gets COLD up here

2004 F350 6.0 6spd lots of mods