Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Fri, January 29th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Shout it Out REMOTE FICM REPROGRAMMING!

We are happy to announce that in February, customers will no longer have to send their FICMs to us to be reprogrammed -- and no more down time for your trucks!
(Imagine the savings in shipping costs alone! )

The cost of reprogramming will remain the same -- $150. A $250 deposit will be required, however, to cover the cost of the programmer. The deposit will be 100% refundable if it is returned to us undamaged.

Each programmer will be set up to program ONE vehicle; however, if there are several people in one area who would like to reprogram their FICMs, Bill can reset the programmer remotely to allow it to program additional vehicles.

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 6.0L GRYPHON/EVOLUTION, NO DEPOSIT WILL BE REQUIRED -- WE CAN REMOTELY SET UP YOUR PROGRAMMER TO REPROGRAM YOUR FICM! WHEN THE PROGRAMMING SESSION HAS ENDED, WE WILL REMOTELY RESTORE YOUR GRYPHON/EVO TO ITS ORIGINAL STATE!

Bill will also be able to set up applications for dealers to reprogram FICMs, too. Please call us to discuss pricing.

We do not have an exact release date as of yet, but rest assured that as soon as it's available, we will make announcements on our website and forum and on the forums which we sponsor.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 29th, 2010, 12:30 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

WOW! What a great idea! This will make alot of people happy.
Old Fri, January 29th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Whopper Junior

apeelectric is on a distinguished road

Do you know if there will be a credit given to customers that ficm programing did not work. I am not complaing just asking you guys gave me a great deal so if I have to pay again I would understand.

Thanks Chris from NJ
Old Sat, January 30th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Pursuit Interceptor

HeavyAssault is on a distinguished road

This is going to rock!!
Old Sun, January 31st, 2010, 07:04 PM
Whopper

dieseldan is on a distinguished road

yeah i am definately going this route
Old Mon, March 22nd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Whopper Junior

Roadking Troy is on a distinguished road
Question FICM Reprograming

I would like to have the reprogramming completed, i do have a Gryphon programmer already. Should i fill out the FICM form or call. Troy Kirch
Old Sun, April 11th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Whopper

International350 is on a distinguished road

I was looking into the Remote FICM tuning but had questions on it. I have emailed but only got one answer back, also i have called numerous times and no one has answered. I would like to know if the ficm tuning you offer has had their problems worked out that i have read about on here. I have Innovatives FICM tuning on my truck now and just bought new FICM to have you guys tune it if i can get back some answers. Im looking for MPG increase if possible. the tuning i have now has no change on my mpg. Thanks for your time.
Old Mon, April 12th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Bill is working on the FICM program, here is his responce from two day ago.

-------------------------------------------
We have a truck here today that we're going to test a new strategy update on which we're expecting to resolve the cold start issue. I really dislike having to use the inductive heating strategies, even the mild ones, but it seems that it's a necessary evil for some trucks. So far it looks as if the latest IH strategy isn't killing the power boards in the FICMs, but only time will really tell.

Anyway, I'll have more information by Monday on the release of the new strategy and can get everyone updated to the new strategy. Those who have already been reflashed will be updated at no charge. We just ask that you provide the (refundable) $250.00 deposit for the programmer and cover shipping costs to you. We'll cover the return shipping and include a pre-paid shipping label in the package.

If you are having starting problems with your modified FICM strategy and need to get on the list for the update, please FAX us a copy of the Remote FICM Tuning order form and indicate on the form that you are currently experiencing cold start issues with your current modified flash and would like to be updated. The only reason I ask that you fax it is so that we make sure not to miss anyone's e-mail. As soon as the updates are ready to go, we'll start getting the units sent out in the order we receive the requests.

I want to thank everyone for their patience while we get this resolved. The last couple months have been pretty rough for is personally and has caused us a number of delays in providing a solution for this issue. However, we're finally getting on top of it and expect to have everyone running up to snuff again.

Take care.

Bill

-----------------------------------------------
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Tue, April 13th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Whopper

International350 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jeremy, ill fax it tomorrow.
Also my question is that if i am looking mostly for fuel mileage which route would you recommend, the Ford flash you offer or this tuned Ficm you offer? I have IDs tuned ficm on there now and saw great performance but no fuel mileage gains.
Also what does the PCM tuning do for the 6.0?
Does PCM tuning help the transmission in any way for the TOW/haul mod?

Thanks again, and glad to hear your getting the flash together looking forward to it.

Last edited by International350; Tue, April 13th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old Wed, April 14th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Whopper

DoneDunIt is on a distinguished road

Bill did my 2003 6.0 FICM and I really like how it works. Have not had it long enough to get an accurate MPG yet. I know my Lie-O-Meter says it is getting a better average. I really like how it will lock in OD at under 50 mph with a 3.73 gear and still pulls up hills without much pedal and stay in OD. I have to drive in many areas of 35 and 45 that is watched by the Man often. My truck has never performed better in this speed range. Shift spacing is good up through the gears and it has no harsh shifts. At 60 to 70 mph still has good response to pass without a down shift.

This is how Ford should have programed the 6.0 from the start.

Thanks Bill.