Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Thu, March 17th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Bacon King

svt2205 is on a distinguished road
Default Sold My Gryphon and

I'm looking to see if I can, well you guys, can help out the new owner of my Gryphon. I returned the tuning to stock before selling my old truck. Then I ran the updates to purge the custom tune and restore the unit to it's canned state.

Now the new owner is getting this error, "checksum failed RXAP9B6" when he tries to load #2.

Any suggestions? I've not had any issues with the unit during the 2 or so years I had it. And I want the new owner to be happy with his purchase.

Please help
Thanks
Old Thu, March 17th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Bacon King

More info, as provided by the new owner. The truck has 35's and the speedo reading is correct. It's probably been tuned and not returned to stock.

What, if anything, can be done?
Old Thu, March 17th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Whopper

kobra_commader is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt2205 View Post
More info, as provided by the new owner. The truck has 35's and the speedo reading is correct. It's probably been tuned and not returned to stock.

What, if anything, can be done?
im the new owner.... please help me!!
Old Thu, March 17th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Bacon King

Someone will help, I'm sure of it.

Hey, what's that black 87-93 Mustang?
Old Thu, March 17th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I am no expert by any means, but I would first try to reload the canned tunes again, they may have been messed up a little. If that doesnt work then load the second most up to date update, it should be still available. sometimes there are little updates that forget certain trucks from what I have seen... but like I said that is just my thoughts, and I wont be surprised if they aren't 100% correct...
hope that helps
Old Fri, March 18th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Whopper

Help

ok well i tryed to update it and it did (firmware and calibration updates)

i was prompted to unplug it and plug it back in.. and i did

when i pluged it back in i got a warning that said "device must be restarted...unable to locate valid calibration hex info..

then it tells me to reboot it by unpluging it and pressing menu and pluggin back in

i did this and it did reboot and went to the warning screen

then it tells me to unplug it and plug it back in and to press ok to restart the update process... but when i press ok after doin so it says the gryphon is not found (and the gryphon screen is green)

wtf did i do?!
Old Fri, March 18th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Call up Bill, or try out their chat feature on there website www.phptune.com
I tried it and it's great, I bet that they will be on there a lot to help with stuff like this .
If you dont get through calling the first time, keep trying til you do. hope that helps, and good luck!
Old Fri, March 18th, 2011, 03:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

If you had a tune of some kind on your truck, then the Gryphon won't work with it "as is". Bill WILL have to get involved in resetting things. AND, since I'm the one who advised you to use Pegasus, it was with the understanding that the unit had not successfully loaded a tune into your truck. Was it still showing Level 0 in the upper right corner of the screen before you took it out of the truck?

If it wasn't, then it DID tune your truck and now Bill will have to give you a stockfile download to get things working right.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, March 18th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for trying to help, Guys! Jack, you nailed it. Checksum Failure = Truck Had Another Tune on It. It has nothing to do with a problem with the programmer. Bill's going to have to write a recovery program to return his ECM back to stock.

At this point, Troy's truck is running just fine. I have addressed his concerns over on FB and have suggested that he give us a shout on Monday, the 28th when phones and live chat open up at 10AM.

Troy has also been advised NOT to continue playing with his programmer -- as tempting as it is! Should his truck become disabled while the office is closed, it will stay that way until we return on the 28th.

As always, we sure do appreciate your help!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, March 18th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Thanks for trying to help, Guys! Jack, you nailed it. Checksum Failure = Truck Had Another Tune on It. It has nothing to do with a problem with the programmer. Bill's going to have to write a recovery program to return his ECM back to stock.

At this point, Troy's truck is running just fine. I have addressed his concerns over on FB and have suggested that he give us a shout on Monday, the 28th when phones and live chat open up at 10AM.

Troy has also been advised NOT to continue playing with his programmer -- as tempting as it is! Should his truck become disabled while the office is closed, it will stay that way until we return on the 28th.

As always, we sure do appreciate your help!
Thanks guys! I have taken it out of the truck to help fight the temptations of wanting to mess with it.
I put together an older comp so I could run win xp to make things Easyier