Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sat, December 26th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Whopper

westdouglas is on a distinguished road
Default edge evo probs

I think i made a mistake in going with edge products evolution.I get an error code 150. pcm not responding or not able to communicate with pcm.I've looked all over the web for any kind of help but no avail.I came across this web site and I am hoping someone will know what is going on or had this problem before and give some adv.
Old Sat, December 26th, 2009, 09:27 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The most common cause for getting an Error 150 is that the key is not in the "On" position when connecting the programmer to the vehicle. If the programmer isn't able to identify the vehicle, the Error 150 will result.

Let me know if this resolves the problem.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, December 27th, 2009, 05:28 AM
352-636-0812

KT Performance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by westdouglas View Post
I think i made a mistake in going with edge products evolution.I get an error code 150. pcm not responding or not able to communicate with pcm.I've looked all over the web for any kind of help but no avail.I came across this web site and I am hoping someone will know what is going on or had this problem before and give some adv.
If you don't have it fixed by Monday, Edge is real good with customer support.
Edge: 801-476-3343

Kenny
Old Sun, December 27th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Whopper

thanks for the help followed the directions supplied with the evo to the letter still coming up with the same error code even with the key "on" edge e mailed me back and std that no one there till tue to help. A buddy of mine std that it could be a bad ground if it is it is not showing up when the key is on i'm still getting all the appropriate lights on the cluster.the ttruck starts fine the only issue with the truck is,is that the dome light does not come on when the pass door is open.i would not think that this prob would effect the starting sys.
Old Sun, December 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Doug,

PM me your number...

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Tue, December 29th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Whopper

Question

called edge they are teling me that the product is working fine but since the truck is 10 yrs old and has 200k miles on it,it wont work their suggestion return it to point of purchase (extreme diesel) and use the edgeEZ I bought this particular product for the diagnostic feature as well as the added features.You would think that some where someone would state that if your vehicle is x amnt of yrs old or has x amnt of milage this product is not recommened. HERE IS A QUESTION IS THERE ANYTHING LEFT FOR ME TO DO OTHER THAN RETURN THIS PRODUCT? CAN THIS ONE BE FIXED OR REPROGRAMMED TO WORK?
Old Tue, December 29th, 2009, 10:02 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The problem may be similar to what we see a lot with the 95-97 trucks. The PCM gets "tired" and certain internal aspects of it don't play nice with eachother.

See this post:
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/19016-post4.html

I wouldn't suggest the Edge EZ because it IS NOT a programmer or tuner. It simply fools the injection control pressure input to the PCM. I would certainly try keeping the programmer.

You can try shopping around for a used PCM out of a similar truck. I have bought half a dozen off of ebay in the last year for less than $80 each.
Old Thu, December 31st, 2009, 08:53 PM
Whopper

here is what ive done ,checked all the grounds on the truck ,took the pcm/ecm out cleaned the contacts and re-installed, truck still not responding to evo. the numbers that were on the pcm are xu7f-12a650-ab or ba it is a reman with a dcp-422. there are sopme other numbers on it as well mn4---00p9zv.any body know anything about these numbers and what do these numbers cross to? with 200k mi is it smart to replace pcm?
Old Fri, January 1st, 2010, 01:35 AM

Doug,

You included every number on the PCM except the BOX Code, which based on the part number should be MNM1.

So you are aware, we very rarely have communications issues with '99 and later PCMs. I have seen a few times where one of the 3 important pins (FEPS, J1850+, and J1850-) in the PCM connector is bent and causes a communication problem or a programming problem. Once or twice I've even seen a PCM where the communications was dead and even the factory scan tool couldn't talk to it.

Also, we physically test every J1850 type programmer (97-03 F-150 and 99-03 F-Super Duty) before they leave by connecting to a bench PCM in order to make sure it communicates correctly and there aren't any problems. It's my understanding that Edge tests all their cables as well, but there was a bad batch in 900929-00 Rev. 4 that had manufacturing defect that caused the cables to become unresponsive. If you get a moment, could you verify the part number on the cable (a little white or yellow sticker on either end of the cable and let us know what the part number is (particularly the Rev number)? We can then better advise.

Take care and have a happy New Year.

(678) 890-1110

Old Mon, January 4th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Whopper

it is an mnm1 and the cable numberis 9000929-00 rev.06 lot#i10sp-0000 slc&h11/2009 (pwm) spoke with edge they gave up a rma # and now im awaiting to get a number back from the point of sale extreme diesel so i can return what was my Christmas gift from my wife.