Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

fifity is on a distinguished road

Yeah...sorry for the need for the edits
Just playing with the whole eco nazi thing...

But back to the OP's questions... The 100 lays good smoke when you get on it...So not only doe sit offer you the benefit of speed, but will give you the smoke you need. I can only assume the 120 and 140 are just more so...but I have PMR's
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Whopper

TheSmokinStroke02 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifity View Post
Yeah...sorry for the need for the edits
Just playing with the whole eco nazi thing...

But back to the OP's questions... The 100 lays good smoke when you get on it...So not only doe sit offer you the benefit of speed, but will give you the smoke you need. I can only assume the 120 and 140 are just more so...but I have PMR's
yeah i have pmrs too. i just love the lope that tonys smoke tune has and i was curious if i could get that with bills smoke tune too.
sky manufacturing leveling kit
315/75/16 pro comp xterrains
16" MT classic locks
Autometer C2 Gauges
Husky Liners
Old Fri, June 4th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Whopper Junior

blowns3 is on a distinguished road

I just installed my six position chip and so far so good with all the tunes, my only question being is how much smoke are you guys seeing on the smoke tune? I get a nice dark black cloud when i rev it up in park but when driving in the smoke tune either WOT or partial throttle i get no smoke at all. Just curious to see if any one else sees this as well or if it is normal. Thanks
Old Sat, June 5th, 2010, 09:24 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

We have seen this a few times in the past few weeks. There is nothing wrong with the tune, but I'm waiting on word from another customer for whom we did a few changes for as far as his smoke tune goes.....

I will let you know what came of it once I hear back from him.
Old Fri, June 11th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Love Games?

theSLEEPER is on a distinguished road

I hope I'm that customer!! Because it works GREAT now!!! I'm not into smoking people out or anything like that either, but I live in the country, and I'll admit, I love to roll into it on a winding back straight-away and see a little smoke.

The tune that I recieved is actually as smokey or not as you want. Stock injectors on work one way, and the truck SHOULD spool the turbo .

So you're not going to get a HUGE amount of smoke when you punch it from a roll, but you can get a good bit if you know how it all works. Mostly, I like rolling into it in 4th with the TC locked going down the road. This new tune will smoke, and smoke, and smoke, and smoke, if you roll into it just right, but eventually your speed/boost will increase until it doesn't smoke much, but I don't recommend that, due to EGT's maybe getting out of hand.

Anyway, what I'm saying is... Smoke is bad in the wrong place, at the wrong time... VERY bad. Whenever I see a guy blowing smoke in town, or acting dumb in front of the wrong people, I get mad, but smoke at the track, or in a secluded area is OK if that's what you're in to.

The lope tune works great as well, really gives it that cool sound!

Disclaimer: I didn't buy a smoke tune, my little brother did, but I stole his chip for the week.
Old Sat, June 12th, 2010, 08:33 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Yep, it was you.

I'm glad to hear that the smoke tune actually smokes (well, not really, but I'm glad you're happy).

I guess I will have to change a few more of them now........
Old Wed, June 16th, 2010, 04:28 PM
tech man

StripperDJ is on a distinguished road

My 03 6liter lopes pretty dang hard...Cody ,,,didnt you hear it that day i was down at bills ?? I cant remember..It was set to smoke very little once you hit the throttle, but as soon as you lift your foot back to the lope..and its a 6liter with a vvt.
Old Wed, June 16th, 2010, 05:44 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

No, I didn't hear it Brad. I remember you telling me about it but I never got to experience the lope.