Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 06:27 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

epowers777 is on a distinguished road

So you are saying I can get these injectors (stage 1) for my truck and they will work but I need to get new tunes from php? Doesnt each tune cost money cause I just bought the chip?

So how much would I have to spend in tuning?
If I am called in for smog in California will I pass?
Is the Harness the same?
Better mpg. Like how much?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to be a 100% positive before I spend that money.
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 09:38 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Eric,
  • Singles in a split-shot truck are not a problem at all.
  • Custom files are $30.00 per position.
  • If you have a "stock" or low HP (say 25 HP) program, you shouldn't have any problems passing an emissions test.
  • Harness is all the same. The injectors bolt right in.
  • Compared to splits which see around 16 MPG or so, singles can often see 18 MPG or better with some claims over 20.
I hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 03:49 PM

Bill so the stage 1 injectors for 500 from Rosewood will work for my truck or do you recommend another company?
Would i need to get all new tunes? or could I just get a couple? Cause that tune list is long and that would be expensive.
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

The Rosewood kit is good, comes with good instructions with lots of pictures. Only problem with the DIY kits is there is no way to flow match the injectors once modified. You more than likely will not ever know the difference, especially with Stage 1's, but they might not be as balanced as a set you can purchase.

I would recommend having Jim (Rosewood) modify the injectors and flow match them. You could also look into a set that have already been done, then you just send yours back as cores. IMHO Swamps is the best in the business when it comes to modified injectors, great quality control.

You might also look into AC code injectors which are singles, they are usually pretty reasonably priced.

Ultimately it is up to you as there are many companies that are great injector builders.

For tuning, all the tunes must be for single shot's. It will run without any programing, or programming for splits but it will run very strange.
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 06:00 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Dave,

He's looking at Stage 1 Singles, which is the AC code injector.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
BROKE

Ooops....I meant NEW AC code injectors instead of remans.
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 09:07 PM

That's okay Dave, I'm sure you were still trying to recover from tuning your truck last night.

(678) 890-1110

Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 01:39 AM

MMmmm I got to call rosewood. For 500$ I have to send in my injectors to get fix which is fine BUT there not single shots . I dont have a 1000 bucks to spend for premium injectors.
Old Sat, May 1st, 2010, 04:20 AM

Ok got a question.
First
I pulled the fuel bowl and its completely apart. Is there any way i can just dip the bowl in something and pull it out to be sparkly clean? What is the fuel bowl made of? Aluminum?

Second
I bought the HPOP re seal kit. My HPOP looks new. It has a re manufacture sticker on it and appears that theres no oil leaks. Should I go ahead and pull everything apart and replace the seals??
The 2 wired mesh hydrolic line going to the middle of each head is that the oil line?

Thanks
Old Sat, May 1st, 2010, 10:52 AM
BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by epowers777 View Post
Ok got a question.
First
I pulled the fuel bowl and its completely apart. Is there any way i can just dip the bowl in something and pull it out to be sparkly clean? There is some types of solvent/ carb cleaner that will make that thing shine. I thought I seen somewhere that you can use malt vinegar as a parts cleaner/ rust remover.
What is the fuel bowl made of? Aluminum?
Yep, aluminum.

Second
I bought the HPOP re seal kit. My HPOP looks new. It has a re manufacture sticker on it and appears that theres no oil leaks. Should I go ahead and pull everything apart and replace the seals??If there are not any visible leaks I would not worry about resealing it. Just keep parts on hand for future repairs/ upgrades.
The 2 wired mesh hydrolic line going to the middle of each head is that the oil line?That's them.

Thanks

See Blue