Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, May 19th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Whopper

pickemuptruck13 is on a distinguished road
Default Question for Jack or someone in the know?

I am asking Jack so i dont bother Bill nad them and was hoping yall might be able to help me. I recieved my yunes today and dowloaded the software and the drivers and everything happened just like it should compared to the manual, but when i hook up my chip and press target fuctions it says not able to locate target fuction file. I cant find anywhere to know what to do next. Thaks for all your help in advance
Old Tue, May 19th, 2009, 04:11 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickemuptruck13 View Post
I am asking Jack so i dont bother Bill nad them and was hoping yall might be able to help me. I recieved my yunes today and dowloaded the software and the drivers and everything happened just like it should compared to the manual, but when i hook up my chip and press target fuctions it says not able to locate target fuction file. I cant find anywhere to know what to do next. Thaks for all your help in advance
It could be two things (assuming Pegasus is reporting that your Gryphon is connected - it will say so on the status line and it will show you your unit's Serial Number (S/N) in the right corner of the status bar). If you ARE connected, these are the two likely problems:
1. Your firewall is blocking the download. This is a VERY likely possibility! If you can't figure out how to make the firewall communicate, disable it until after you download the files. There's probably an icon in the system tray of the taskbar that you can right-click on to do this.

2. For some reason, there is a discrepancy between your unit's Serial Number (S/N) and the serial number your target files were encoded with. If this is the case, only Bill can help. He'll have to correct the serial number in the files.
I hope it's the firewall.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, May 19th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Whopper

the unit is def connected and the serial number in the right hand corner matches the unit. Corey said something in my email about checking the s/n to the software i assume since it matches its right.I will try the pop up blocker. Thanks as always
Old Tue, May 19th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Whopper

ok i turned off all the anti virus and firewall software off and as soon as i hit target it bring up that it is establishing connection to the server for a split second than i get a message that says unable to locate the files and this typically happens during updates to the server but ive tried it 20 times.
Old Tue, May 19th, 2009, 04:32 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Oh shucks - too bad! This means that probably there's an error in the serial number on the target files. (This is how Pegasus finds YOUR files among all those waiting to be downloaded).

Bill WILL have to fix this at his end, if this is the case. Please put your Serial Number in your UserCP information. While you're there, add your unit's HEX code and the model number too. Then, send a PM to Corey.

- Jack