Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 08:04 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all
Default Injection Timing Delay.....

How big of a deal is this? Sniper DOES NOT offer this parameter (or anything like it under another designation) with any of their definition files.

Most delay is within one (I'm going to assume degree or millisecond) of stock, but it's usually most evident and different from stock in the mid-table (EOT/ICP) range.

What would be an issue if I can't "correctly" tune manual trucks by including this item? I assume now that I would have to run less SOI if I can't add delay, but until I find out for sure........

To shed some light on things, I've been tuning the "Sniper Way" and found out why people choose Bill to do their tuning instead.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Wed, March 11th, 2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 09:30 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe sniper doesn't have as much access to Ford's pcm programming as Bill does.

Or maybe a liablity issue?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 02:00 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I think the main issue is that Sniper elected not to include Injection Timing Delay.....both Sniper and Bill use the same base program (PCMX) but I'm afraid Sniper has no clue what most of the parameters do (and they really don't need to) so they just left some out.

However, going by how Sniper made their HP tunes vs. how everyone else does it, they didn't need an Injection Timing Delay map/table. However, since I'm using Sniper for my manual tunes, I'd like to know if I really NEED to increase the Injection Timing Delay....or what I need to do instead with the OTHER timing tables to make up for not having the delay.
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 04:08 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I think the main issue is that Sniper elected not to include Injection Timing Delay.....both Sniper and Bill use the same base program (PCMX) but I'm afraid Sniper has no clue what most of the parameters do (and they really don't need to) so they just left some out.
You probably hit the nail on the head there.

When I was researching tuners, compairing them. Some of the sniper's descriptions were not the best. Compared to php and troyer. Just wonder if the marketing of the product was too fast and that's why you don't get maps for the injection timing delay.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 07:46 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

My Sniper tuning software is also missing allot of parameters.

Ty

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Wed, March 11th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Bacon King

bbbxcursion is on a distinguished road

I use SCT stuff and it's in there.
Old Wed, March 11th, 2009, 08:53 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

See, the Sniper definitions list "Injection Timing Adder for EOT". The numbers are similar, but not exactly the same as they are in the "Injection Timing Delay" in Minotaur. Typically, comparing tunes using the different programs will result in very similar or the same values (which they should be while reading the exact same bins ) However, the values given are either within a few tenths or as far off as three whole points. They seem to follow the same "curve" as the values given in Minotaur.