Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Sat, December 13th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Whopper Junior

Location: Stillwater, Ok (currently) Holdenville, Ok (originally)
BMass11 is on a distinguished road
Question Question for Bill?

Well i have had my gryphon for a week and it freaking awsome! I just have a one other question, last week i installed my gryphon with a half of a tank of 87, and played around for awhile on 87 performance, when the low fuel light came on and i almost ran out of gas, i filled her up with 91 to play a little on 91 performance, anyway, at first i didnt notice a difference between the 87 and 91 perfromance, so after filling up i drove back to my house and selected 91 performance again just to make sure i was in that level, then a little later on i noticed the difference, i guess it just took a little bit for the gas to get through the lines. I was wondering when i change back and forth to different levels, should it go through those 4 sections of alerts and stuff, because i just thought it did that the 1st time you use it then it only takes a few seconds? But on mine it went through them again? Thanks again Bill.
Old Sun, December 14th, 2008, 10:31 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Usually, fuel change is pretty instant as long as the fuel level is low enough when you fill up, which in you case was certainly low.

One thing to keep in mind is that reprogramming the ECM doesn't always clean out the learned strategy and sometimes it will have to relearn the fuel curves (and shift strategies and idle strategies) a little.

I'm a little confused about what you are meaning by going through the alerts sections. If you could please give me a little more detail, I would be able to better answer your question.

In general, the 97-03 will take about 6 minutes for the first programming session because it has to read stock and build all the files it needs to program. Subsequent programming sessions should take 2 to 3 minutes since they only have to write the files to the PCM. One thing that does take a while is when doing custom options.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 11:52 AM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Reprogramming of the ECM does not completely eliminate the "learned" habits of the ECM? If not would you suggest a battery disconnect if big changes were made? Like huge timing or snorkel mods?

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 12:26 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Timing mods are fairly insignificant to the learned strategy. Snorkel mods also have a minimal effect.

Where you'd really want to clear the KAM is Full Dual Exhaust, CAI, and stuff like that.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 12:49 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

That makes sense Bill. Thanks.

Tuning is addicting. Lol.