Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, August 26th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road
Garmin Recall

Garmin Recall

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garmin has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain models of Garmin's nüvi® brand of portable automotive GPS products due to a potential risk of battery overheating. Garmin has identified potential overheating issues when certain batteries manufactured by the third-party battery supplier within a limited date code range are used in certain Garmin nüvi models with a specific printed circuit board (PCB) design. It appears that the interaction of these factors can, in rare circumstances, increase the possibility of overheating, which may lead to a fire hazard.

The recalled devices include a small subset of the following nüvi model numbers:
• nüvi 200W, 250W, and 260W
• nüvi 7xx and 7xxT (where xx is a two-digit number)

Check your model number here~
https://my.garmin.com/rma/recallLanding.faces

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
Old Thu, August 26th, 2010, 08:12 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

Whew......mines not affected i guess..it's a StreetPilot c550..thanx for that info
Old Thu, August 26th, 2010, 08:35 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I can't help but think the number of recalls for "faulty rechargeable batteries" in devices serves as a cautionary tale for the future of the electric car. (And yes, I know there's been no recalls for electric vehicle batteries - yet.)

Somehow, I don't really think the technology is quite there. But, I honestly wish it was.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, August 26th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road

Mine was on the list and it's 3 year old

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
Closed Thread