Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Whopper Junior

Krazy is on a distinguished road
Default New guy from Florida

Hey everyone,
New to the site and to the truck world, worked on and did mods to Mustangs and sportbikes, more bikes than cars tho, so if I make some dumb/ stupid questions please excuse me. This isn't my first time in a forum tho, so I should be ok. Lots of great info on these forums, thanks everyone.

Well, I joined the forum because I just got a second hand PHP GRYPHON programmer for my 2005 F150 2wd V8 5.4 and am trying to learn a little more about this programmer and how to mess with it. Any pointers, suggestions, opinions are really helpful to me as I'm new to this type of thing.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to talking with some of you PHP GRYPHON owers.
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Welcome

There are all kinds of things to read about on here.

For starters I would read through Jacks FAQ on the programming.
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/faqs-...ions-menu.html
Then there are threads for just about any topic you can think of.
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Whopper Junior

Krazy is on a distinguished road

The Gryphon programmer came in the mail today, now what, just hook it up to the truck or should I update or do something to it first ??
I might need a custom tune, who should I PM, call, email ?? I have the following performance mods so far:
AFE stage II CAI
Flowmaster dual exhaust

I use mainly 93 octane gas,but sometimes 89 octane, don't really tow nothing but a bike in the bed once in a while.
I want a performance tune and a good mpg tune.
What is the best custome tune for me ??

Thanks
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
The Gryphon programmer came in the mail today, now what, just hook it up to the truck or should I update or do something to it first ?? I would hook it up and make sure it has all the updates available and make sure that it has the custom tunes erased! this is just to make sure that you dont damage your truck from using tunes designed for what you dont have.
I might need a custom tune, who should I PM, call, email ?? There should be order forms on their website, Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER! I have the following performance mods so far:
AFE stage II CAI
Flowmaster dual exhaust

I use mainly 93 octane gas,but sometimes 89 octane, don't really tow nothing but a bike in the bed once in a while.
I want a performance tune and a good mpg tune.
What is the best custome tune for me ?? I would say get 2 tunes and keep the canned towing tune just in case you ever need it, but be careful because our truck have been known to run lean, which is not good at all if you are towing. the performance is the same as a mileage tune, I think this is mentioned in a FAQ somewhere, so all you would need is the 93 performance and the 89 performance for when you drop down to that level , haha jk... I use 85 or 87 octane in my truck (93 isnt even offered around here), and I havent had any problems whatsoever.

Thanks
my 2 cents in green above
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Forum Predator

You can plug it into the truck but it wouldn't hurt to plug it into the computer to make sure everything on that end is working. If there are any custom tunes from the original owner you WILL have to do an update to clear them and put the canned tunes back on.

For custom tunes follow this link to the order form.
Power Hungry Performance - Ordering Info

In your case I'd for sure get a 93 performance tune. You can get a lower octane performance tune but I'd just skip and use the 87 tow when you dont fill with the higher grade fuel and bump the timing up about .75-1 degrees. There is no specific mileage tune because those were lethargic and did not guarantee better mileage. Instead, good pedal control with the performance tune will be your best bet.
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Yeah... what Longshot270 said... He sounds better than I do
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Forum Predator

Na, we said pretty much the same thing at the same time.
Old Thu, December 16th, 2010, 11:33 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome...

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Closed Thread