Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 01:50 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The ECM can be done immediately.
Old Sat, October 9th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Diesel Maniac

Dogman_528 is on a distinguished road

I was wondering if there is anyway to tell what strategy is in your ficm?
Old Wed, November 17th, 2010, 06:14 AM
SICKS LITER RACING

SICKS-O is on a distinguished road

international350, are you calculating your mpg by hand or using the overhead trip monitor?

11mpg is absurdly poor fuel mileage, unless you are doing alot of short trips and/or idling.

just for reference i get 12-13mpg with my 06 towing our 21 enclosed car trailer with a 3500lb car inside. the lowest fuel mileage ive ever had towing that trailer was 10mpg and i had to try real hard to get it to suck down that much fuel. if i tried any harder i would have been arrested for reckless driving lol.

i would say there is an underlying issue somewhere attributing to the fuel mileage you are getting or think your getting.
Old Fri, November 19th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Whopper

International350 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICKS-O View Post
international350, are you calculating your mpg by hand or using the overhead trip monitor?

11mpg is absurdly poor fuel mileage, unless you are doing alot of short trips and/or idling.

just for reference i get 12-13mpg with my 06 towing our 21 enclosed car trailer with a 3500lb car inside. the lowest fuel mileage ive ever had towing that trailer was 10mpg and i had to try real hard to get it to suck down that much fuel. if i tried any harder i would have been arrested for reckless driving lol.

i would say there is an underlying issue somewhere attributing to the fuel mileage you are getting or think your getting.
Yeah thats hand calculated. Im not sure what is killing the mileage. Ive tried Innovatives FICM and now I have PHP ficm, and nothing is working. Also I do long trips daily, I work 2 hours round trip away half city, half highway. I used to get 18mpg and it has just gone down for the past year. Not sure what to check, everything seems to be working pretty good, Not sure if I just need my ECM reset or something. Any help is appreciated for sure.
2004 F-350 CC LB King Ranch. SCT w/Innovative Diesel extreme Street tunes, tuned FICM by ID, custom 4" intake with large AFE filter, intake elbow, 3" downpipe 5" straight pipe 6" stack, EGR block off, Zoodad Mod, CCV Mod, the big 3 cable upgrade w/ batts under cab, Autometer guages, boost-trans-EGT, 2.5in leveling kit
Old Fri, November 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM
SICKS LITER RACING

have your preferences been changed for the increased tire size?
Old Sat, November 20th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Whopper

International350 is on a distinguished road

Yeah everything is changed correctly per measuring tire calculations. I'm thinking of getting my ECM reflashed since I know ford prob screwed with it last time it was in, that's about when my mileage dropped I believe. I run tunes all the time so my question is will getting a latest or better flash work?
2004 F-350 CC LB King Ranch. SCT w/Innovative Diesel extreme Street tunes, tuned FICM by ID, custom 4" intake with large AFE filter, intake elbow, 3" downpipe 5" straight pipe 6" stack, EGR block off, Zoodad Mod, CCV Mod, the big 3 cable upgrade w/ batts under cab, Autometer guages, boost-trans-EGT, 2.5in leveling kit
Old Fri, November 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM
SICKS LITER RACING

ok as long as the abs module was reprogrammed then youre good. the adjustments in the sct for tire size / axle ratio wont correct the speedo.