Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Whopper

Kwattro is on a distinguished road
Question 58v FICM + PHP = No gains?

Hey Bill, I just installed my 58V Swamps FICM w/PHP mild performance tune and my driving results over the last 60 miles have been not particularly positive. My truck is soft down low, and the throttle response isn't as snappy as the old original program. It's quite noticeable. I can't comment on cold starting or mileage yet, warm starts are same as the old FICM. The engine does sound a bit different however. I'm feeling kinda bummed after reading all the positive reviews on a tuned 58v FICM. I've contacted Dave at Swamps, but thought I'd pick your brain too. Is there a way I can verify I have the right program using my Evolution? And in the spirit of sharing information can you explain what programming changes are made to the FICM over the factory programming? I had a hard time finding data on what the "mild performance" programming actually is. BTW the prior FICM programming on my truck was the OEM from 2005 that would buzz the injectors on shut down. Thanks for reviewing my concern.
Old Thu, December 16th, 2010, 02:26 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

If you could please fill out a support ticket so this doesn't get overlooked ......it would be appreciated...and if you did already then ignore this.
Link is in my Sig.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, December 16th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Whopper

Will do, thanks.
Old Sat, December 18th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Do you have any idea what your current ECM/TCM calibration is?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, December 19th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Do you have any idea what your current ECM/TCM calibration is?
Whatever came with my Gryphon I've tried all the different programs and the results are the same. I haven't had a chance to send in a support ticket yet but will when I'm back from my tour.
Old Mon, December 20th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

The Gryphon didn't change your ECM/TCM code -- that's done at the dealership usually. When you have a minute, please retrieve and post your truck's ECM/TCM code. You may just have a crappy calibration which is causing you to not see the gains that customers normally get.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, February 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
The Great Cornholio

Quickerthanu is on a distinguished road

Hi Kquattro, do you have any update about your situation?

I just installed my 58v w/PHP too & didn't notice any differance other than my cold start issue went away.

Thanks!

Last edited by Quickerthanu; Tue, February 22nd, 2011 at 05:18 PM.