Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 02:45 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough
Default HEY MOD's

Whats it take to be one?
What cool things can you do?

Not like I want to be one, just curious about your powers.
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 10:36 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Actually, the only "powers" we have is that we can move, delete, edit, or rearrange posts.

We also have our own separate moderator section that allows us the ability to party it up hard core without any other members being able to spoil our fun.

I am not sure if I can ban you or not or if that "power" is only reserved for JackandJanet, Corey, or Bill. I haven't had to try it yet but if you want to volunteer, I'll be glad to try.

Other than that, 88Racing and I have sweet green user names while JackandJanet has a blue one. Corey and Bill are obviously red.
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 10:40 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
Whats it take to be one?
What cool things can you do?

Not like I want to be one, just curious about your powers.
I've never been asked that question before, but, fair enough!

Mostly, it's just a bunch of work (for no pay). Our main reason for being is to "keep order" within the forum. Technical knowledge is not absolutely needed, but is nice. So, we spend quite a bit of time scanning through all the new posts every day.

We can delete or move posts and threads and can edit other people's posts if necessary.

Finally, if some member really doesn't "fit in" or is a "spammer" or whatever, we can ban that member from the forum. We've NEVER had to do that in this forum. We seem to attract a "high class membership".

How do you get to be a Mod? Usually, you're "invited" by the Administrators. I don't think anyone ever asks to be one, they would probably be rejected if they did. This is after you've been around long enough for the Admins to see how you deal with other people and if you seem dependable enough to function without being constantly supervised. They have to feel they can "trust" you, and that is something that only an Administrator can quantify. Being a Mod carries a huge amount of responsibility, and it's something we don't treat lightly.

Hope that answered your question.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 11:25 AM
BROKE

LOL Damn....wish I could party with you guys....ahh thats some funny stuff....you just made my day!

So you cant like view what people are doing on the site or read posts before they are posted, or steal ...err...borrow......there money. That would be pretty sweet.

So can you guys hook it up with a cool color for my name......blue would be nice.

Any please dont try your banning powers on me..........
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 11:32 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I also say "Good Questions!"
"What can we do?"
Cody summed it up the best.
"How do you get to be one?"
Jack pretty much said it the best.

I'll just add in that Jack was the original mod. Cody and I didn't get added as ones until like June.
As Jack stated we all were invited by PHP.
Future mod's are still PHP's final decision but the future choices will be discussed between PHP and us mod's.
Some helpful factors.
Knowledge.
Contributions.
Fairness.
Helpfulness.
Being Courtious
Problem Solving.
Explanations.
Resourcefulness.
Abilities.
Availability.
Just to name a few examples.

Hope this helps?

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 10:30 PM
BROKE

But seriously, can I get a cool color for my name.........I am a little jealous
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
But seriously, can I get a cool color for my name.........I am a little jealous
Dont worry about it. Seriously, I already tried.
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 11:10 PM
BROKE

Aww.......that sucks, shoot they could give me some crazy rainbow or hot pink or something, I wouldn't mind. Cmon guys.........
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 11:18 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Aww.......that sucks, shoot they could give me some crazy rainbow or hot pink or something, I wouldn't mind. Cmon guys.........
907dave
There it is!
One time deal only!
LOL's

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Lars.

Dave, I would be all for making registered users purple, but Jack would have my head. (Just teasing you, Buddy.)

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Closed Thread