Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
She was probably younger than me.

So, not being a diesel driver, the way I understand things, you simply do something like push a button on the chip and immediately you're operating in a new "tune"? How come we can't have something like this in the gasoline powered vehicles?

- Jack
I know that I've heard the answer a zillion times, Jack, but Bill is with a customer, and I can't ask him to refresh my memory. The other part, I CAN answer, though. The chips we use come with a dial that can be mounted on the dash, and yes, you simply dial to a new setting to change your tune.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I kind of guessed it was a "change on the fly" device. Seems like there's a potential for damage if you forget and leave it in the wrong tune under certain conditions. I sort of damaged a Dewalt drill once upon a time by trying to drive a lag screw on the high speed setting with the clutch "locked". It never seemed to work quite right after that.

- Jack
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 11:07 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

This is totally a hijack!

I LOVE my DeWalt drill.

BTW, remember all the cool power tools -- table saw, etc. -- I got for my birthday way back in July? They have yet to be taken out of the boxes so that I can build my wall o' bookshelves! :omg: Just been too darn busy! I guess it'll have to wait until we actually close for a real vacation. As if that'll happen any time soon.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 03:05 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Thea reason that the late model vehicles are not able to (easily) do shift on the fly stuff is that fact that the electronics are fairly different from the stuff we're used to on the EEC-IV and EEC-V processors. In many cases, the flash ROM resides in the processor itself which makes it nearly impossible to emulate externally. Even those PCMs with external flash would still have problems because you just about have to destroy the PCM to open it up to even reach the components.

Obviously, the smart solution is to rewrite the OS and/or the actual program code in order to allow the access of different maps and functions. Without the source code though, this is a rather intimidating and time consuming task. Even with the source code, it would be a challenge.

So for now we'll have to stick with what we've got.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It's probably for the best anyway, thinking about my experience with the DeWalt. :o

But, Bill, you've got to cut Corey some slack! I don't know how she can stand not being able to play with her toys!

Corey, I just finished a small TV stand/DVD enclosure for a new HDTV we just bought from Costco. I think it looks quite nice. Now Janet wants me to build doors to cover the TV when it's not in use. (It sits in an alcove beside the fireplace and Janet thinks it looks too much like an "altar" to the "TV God"). I'll be using "flipper" door hinges so the doors can slide back on either side of the TV when it's in use.

There always seems to be another "project".

- Jack
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 11:11 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

I me some Costco, Jack! In fact, when we were deciding if we would actually move out to Utah so Bill could work for Edge or not, one thing I looked for is if there was a Costco in close proximity. I've been a member since they merged with Price Club back in the early 90s, and I couldn't live without it!

The t.v. doors sounds like a cool project! Ah, if only I had time for projects...

I am confident that there will come a day when I'll be able to have some time off. For now, God comes first, family second, and our customers are next in line. There will be time for Bill and me at some point down the road.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, February 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Whopper

John is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
After the chip arrived today, and I got home the very first thing I did was program it with that tune and a few others. I like how it quieted it down! I also loved the other tunes ! No more death rattle! I had to test out the whisper mode though, so I drove to BK and went through the drive thru just waiting to speak....

The first words I heard was "Im not going to be able to hear you over your truck". She was old though, so I think maybe that was why.

If I have time tomorrow I am going to try the bank drive thru to test, they are younger .
Finally went to try it out at another drive-thru(i don't go through them much), and it worked well at Tim Hortons! Was nice to not have to turn off the truck!
Old Mon, February 9th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Glad it worked well for you, John! (BTW, what's a Tim Horton's? -- must be regional...)

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019