Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Built By Me

444smoker is on a distinguished road

Ahh that makes sense, So i just ran outside and checked out my pcm code and its a DPC-202 and it has the NAW4 code in it, would there be a better code to base off of than the NAW4 from the link it looked like there were quite a few codes for the DPC-202?

By the way thanks Bill for clarifying that for me it all just klicked for me.

Robert
comp valve springs
Terminator HPOS
300cc Hybrids
GT42
Built E40D

500+ hp for now!
Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 05:39 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444smoker View Post
So i just ran outside and checked out my pcm code and its a DPC-202 and it has the NAW4 code in it, would there be a better code to base off of than the NAW4 from the link it looked like there were quite a few codes for the DPC-202?

Robert
A resounding YES!!

NAW4 SUCKS. TDE1 is the one you're going to want. So, regardless of who your chip comes from, order TDE1. Also tell the operator that you want a 3-4 shift at 41-43 MPH...not 10.
Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Built By Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
A resounding YES!!

NAW4 SUCKS. TDE1 is the one you're going to want. So, regardless of who your chip comes from, order TDE1. Also tell the operator that you want a 3-4 shift at 41-43 MPH...not 10.
Seriously ha ha!! I hate that in my stock tune it shifts into 3rd and lock the TQ right at the same time, who ever thought of that needs a slap in the face.

Within the next week or two im going to be ordering the minotaur software package here from Bill and am going to start working on it myself. So i will let him know (Im sure he already knows without me telling him) to go for the TDE1 code.

I know the Minotaur software is pretty new but it seems to be getting popular and i think it is going to get really popular IMO! But how willing and open is everybody to share data and email files back and forth with each other? I personally would share any bit if info or files i create with anybody, But thats just me, I was just curious if everybody else viewed it the same way or if you all keep to yourself with files and data.

Robert
comp valve springs
Terminator HPOS
300cc Hybrids
GT42
Built E40D

500+ hp for now!
Old Fri, February 27th, 2009, 07:25 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I've sent out a lot of files from my Sniper tuning. I will share whatever I have really....it's not that big of deal to me. I don't have any competition in this area (yet) so I will give you any files I have.

On a side note, I don't mess with any timing tables much (meaning very little changes) so there are always going to be gains (to a certain extent) if I give you a few files and you make a few changes to them. I'm afraid of death rattle.
Old Fri, February 27th, 2009, 07:33 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Here's a screenshot of my most popular "Daily Driver" setup for TDE1. The black lines are stock. The blue are modified. The top graph is 3-4 shift speed while the lower is 3rd gear TC lock.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Tue, May 5th, 2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old Fri, February 27th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Built By Me

thats awsome, as im sure you can see im pretty heavily modified and am somewhat shooting for around the 600hp mark but i want to tune that in fairly realiably so im sure i have alot of work ahead of me.

Robert
comp valve springs
Terminator HPOS
300cc Hybrids
GT42
Built E40D

500+ hp for now!
Old Fri, February 27th, 2009, 05:40 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Really, TDE1 by itself (factory flash) isn't much better than NAW4 as far as actual shift points go. However, the glow plug control and torque converter lockup strategies are much better. You probably notice that your TC unlocks as soon as you lift your right foot.....TDE1 will not unlock until you tap the brake. Unfortunately, that's as good as it gets with the OBS PCMs.
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 10:45 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about
Question PCM help

Well It seems my Excursion has the EBM3 code and according to Bill's Chart at Dieselstop it says the folllowing
2001 EBM3 1L119Y0B11 DPC-452 1C3F-XD 7.3L EXCURSION DIESEL - AUTOMATIC 50S VRAA7Y6

I am not sure what to make of this info so if anyone wants to enlighten me that would be great. Is this a good PCM or do I need to find a better option (truck in sig).. what will or won't work for stock files
I'm also waiting for a reply from Bill, hopefully this weekend so I can get the Minotaur software running and chip installed I think I need the MDF or RTD files still... I don't see any way to get any of the graphs to show with all the paramaters so I guess I am not quite 100% setup yet...
Thanks
DJ
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, April 2nd, 2009, 10:57 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Ok I found 1 MDF file it is CDAN4.mdf and appears to be for a Gas vehicle as it has a bunch of spark stuff... Haven't found the Sparks plugs on my PSD yet

I do see all the graphs, maps etc now also was able to load the binary for my PCM but not sure what to do next.. So guess I do still need the 7.3 MDF files.

at least now I can play with the software a bit...
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Sat, April 4th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Whopper

roosterdiesel is on a distinguished road

With out your MDF you can't tune anyting for your Ex. The mustang file will allow you to play with rotating maps and such but the tables in the PSD will be alot different.

'01 F-250 6spd 2wd Handshaker 7.3L PSD
Stealth Dual Hpops, AC Alliants
Headstuds and Forged rods balanced
DIY Regulated Return with Racor Filtration #54
GTP 38R out 4" exhaust
Southbend Con OFE to get it to the ground
Gauges...Boost, Pyro, Fuel Pressure and temp.,HPOil, EOT, Pre and Post CAC temps
I'm sure some other stuff I forgot!