Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Takin the low road.....

Cajun is on a distinguished road
Default Hey Ya'll!

Learned about PHP like a lot of the others over at f150forum.com. I just replaced my '99 F150 with a new '08 F150 Supercab. She's stock...for now. I'm looking forward to learning more about tuning my new truck. I had my old 150 chipped, and breathing a little better, but this new fangled "flash" stuff is news to this old gear head.
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the Forum! :welcome3: We're glad you're here!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 05:11 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

You're gonna like custom tunes on your new truck. They'll make it new all over again! Welcome to the forum.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Takin the low road.....

Thanks for the warm welcome! Ya'll are almost local from here, just a couple hundred miles, I'm just south east of Charlotte.

I'm really looking forward to playing around with the tuning of my truck, it's really obviously de-tuned from the factory. I had forgotten how bad my old truck was, premods, it had been so long since I slapped on the basic bolt-on stuff. I don't get it, doesn't tuning the truck get you better mileage and create less emissions? Why would our government be against that? Oh wait...I think I inadvertently answered that somehow....

I do have a couple of specific questions, but I'll save those for out in the forum proper. I manage an RC forum and know how nice content in the proper place can be.

QueenCityBashers.com
South Central NC RC Bashers
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Double Whopper

banks is on a distinguished road

whats a cajun doing in north carolina
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

We lived in Indian Trail from 2001-2004 before Bill went to work for Edge. :o)

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Takin the low road.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by banks View Post
whats a cajun doing in north carolina
Long story sorta short, I grew up in Pumpkin Center Louisiana, in 1987 I got tired of working in the refineries along the Mississippi River between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, as a boilermaker, so I went to college for a little while. In 1989 I took a job in Dallas Texas and stayed there for 17 years, let work move me to D.C., quit said job 9 months later to get back south and landed in Charlotte, late summer '06. We bought an old house about 25 miles from downtown Charlotte near Monroe North Carolina and here we are. I do CAD work, project management, construction administration and fry the occasional turkey for an architectural firm in Charlotte.

Quote:
Groovy Chick We lived in Indian Trail from 2001-2004 before Bill went to work for Edge. )
I pass through Indian Trail everyday coming and going to work. Got a couple of buddies that live there in fact. You won't believe how much it's grown in the last couple of years if you haven't been back. Just in the last couple I've been here it was growing in leaps and bounds.

QueenCityBashers.com
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Double Whopper

went a few years ago to the coke cola 600 race in concord and done the party thing in downtown charlotte for the race had a hell of time there
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Takin the low road.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by banks View Post
went a few years ago to the coke cola 600 race in concord and done the party thing in downtown charlotte for the race had a hell of time there
We like it a lot, I'm a racing nut and I've been having a really fun time here. I've gotten into the local scene here, it's a lot of fun too. Friday nights are 1/4 mile, mostly young boys on the back oval and Saturday night is the 1/2 mile tri oval, and they run most weekends. $12 grandstands and $15 AC "VIP" seat. It's usually about 350 to 400 laps total racing in different classes, better in my book, than a movie theater any day!

Oh damn, I just re-read that babble! Can you tell I'm ready for racing season to start.

QueenCityBashers.com
Old Tue, January 6th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Double Whopper

been to the race in concord, texas motor speedway, and talledga. trying now to talk my wife into going to the bristal race this summer and may be next year daytona race
Closed Thread