Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Tue, February 3rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Whopper

mr.c is on a distinguished road
Default FICM compatability

The dealer reflashed my '04 F350 6.0L after they told me that they wouldn't. I took it in with the buzz flash and it left without the buzz flash and a huge loss of power and about a mpg loss. My Autoengineuity scanner shows a VXBC9N8 calibration. I assume that is the inductive heat flash. I am interested in your FICM tuning so that I can get back the truck that I bought that had power. I am not interested in modding the truck. I just want the original power back. The truck is completely stock and it will probably remain so. It is a 11/03 manufacture date. I bought a spare FICM a couple of days ago. It is from a '06. Can that FICM work in my '04 with your flash? Or have I wasted some money?
Old Tue, February 3rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Any FICM for 03-07 will work. So just send your new one to Bill and He'll flash it and send it back to you. I think you'll be suprised how much power has been flashed away since 11 of 2003....your orginal build date.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Sun, February 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Bill says the '06 FICM should be a problem to reflash.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, February 9th, 2009, 09:45 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Bill says the '06 FICM should be a problem to reflash.
Corey, did you mean to say this? Somehow, it seems an odd way to answer. Perhaps you meant "shouldn't"?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, February 9th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Thank goodness I have you to watch my back, Jack. Yes, it SHOULDN'T be a problem, and we SHOULD be shipping it back to you tomorrow, mr.c!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, March 6th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Whopper

JENSEN is on a distinguished road

groovey chick how long does it take to get a ficm back from programming? my ficm went bad and im looking for a later model used one (06-07 only because its newer and might not go bad as fast as say a 03model) and i would like to get it hopped up instead of fords detuned flashes. also any leads on ficms? does php sell ficms already tuned.
Old Fri, March 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Unfortunately, we do not have any FICMs available at this time. Your best bet is to go on line and check Craig's List or some of the online salvage yards.

FICM turnaround is usually same day or at worst 24 hours.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, June 3rd, 2009, 09:52 PM
Whopper Junior

crewray is on a distinguished road

Hi, was looking at a few FICM's on ebay just out intrest to see how much $$ they are, most vendors say you have to send your PCM to them to '' marry up " to the FICM (or vice versa) which makes me think you cannot simply go to the bone yard and grab a FICM and put it in your truck.

I was going to do what the first person in this thread did, buy a spare FICM and send it off to be reprogrammed so I dont lay up my truck but now Im unsure. I was going to try and get a early (03-04) unit thinking it might not have been reflashed by Ford and try it first but Im afraid I'll mess some costly electronics up.

My buddy owns a wrecking yard and aways gives me first pick on new arrivals and says I can have a FICM for a $100 any year which I thought I would install first to try for fun but like I said earlier Im unsure if that can be done without problems.

Gord.
Old Thu, June 4th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Double Whopper

John Anderson is on a distinguished road

They can be mixed and matched. There will be a code thrown saying the ficm doesn't match the pcm, but it doesn't set the check engine light nor cause any problems at all.
Old Thu, June 4th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Double Whopper

sonic blue l is on a distinguished road

anyone know what a amz2al09 ficm would be? I know its for a 04 engine and probably is pre inductive heating, pre post buzz.

I might send that one in for a program as testing shows it appears to be a good ficm.

My problem is the shiping back and forth from Canada to the U.S

Whats typical turn around time on ficms?