Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Wed, January 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road
Seat Covers

Thought I'd post here and see if ya'll have had similar trouble or might have some advice. I ordered a set of seat covers for my truck. Got the captain's chairs on and they look great. Couldn't get the rear bench on for the life of me! Any tricks or tips? Is it possible to put a slip on cover on the rear bench? Do I need to remove the dang seat? Holler at me
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Wed, January 14th, 2009, 02:06 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I've not tried this, but I think I'd remove the rear seat to do it just to make the process easier. Anytime I can work on a truck part without the truck being in the way, I'll take that option.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, January 14th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Warranty Voider

Ok, so anyone ever removed the rear bench seat? Surely it's not too invasive?
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Old Wed, January 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Warranty Voider

Found a pretty good "how to"
Old Wed, January 14th, 2009, 05:40 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Design View Post
Found a pretty good "how to"
I've seen at least one other "how to" for this on the f150online forums. You might want to do a search there. From what I've read, it's the first time that's the hardest. After that, you know what to do! Also, I think I remember reading that someone bent the hold downs a bit to make the process easier the next time.

- Jack
Old Wed, January 14th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Double Whopper

jfuller5 will become famous soon enough

Hey Dixie- I put rear seat cover on my 08 screw a PIA , not real hard left seat in. Bottom is staight forward but seat back gets a little tight. Get some stiff cardboard and cut a strip approx 3 inches wide and abot 36 inches long, now cut 2 slits in one end of the strip approximatly 2 inches long. Put the entire cover on seat back as best as possible and then place one of the straps that needs to go behind the seat back and tuck it into the 2 slits cut into the cardboard. use the 36 inch piece as a tool to push the starps down behind the seat and now you can get your hand in between the seat bottom and back to feel this cardboard and pull strap out , you can now attach it where needed. the cardboard is stiff and thin and allows you to push the strap down the back where you cant see or get your hands, otherwise it is like trying to push a rope. This works and takes about a1/2 hour to install back cover. Hope this helps. Jim
Old Wed, January 14th, 2009, 10:35 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Good advice, Jim! We'll need to add that to the Tips & Tricks.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, January 15th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuller5 View Post
Hey Dixie- I put rear seat cover on my 08 screw a PIA , not real hard left seat in. Bottom is staight forward but seat back gets a little tight. Get some stiff cardboard and cut a strip approx 3 inches wide and abot 36 inches long, now cut 2 slits in one end of the strip approximatly 2 inches long. Put the entire cover on seat back as best as possible and then place one of the straps that needs to go behind the seat back and tuck it into the 2 slits cut into the cardboard. use the 36 inch piece as a tool to push the starps down behind the seat and now you can get your hand in between the seat bottom and back to feel this cardboard and pull strap out , you can now attach it where needed. the cardboard is stiff and thin and allows you to push the strap down the back where you cant see or get your hands, otherwise it is like trying to push a rope. This works and takes about a1/2 hour to install back cover. Hope this helps. Jim
Sounds like a great method, my only question is that if the back of the seat is actually hanging on the clips in the back, how does the cover slide over that? Maybe your cover had an open back? The cover I have completely covers the seat, I'd have to cut holes in it for the "hangers" to poke through and get it hung back up.
Old Thu, January 15th, 2009, 05:42 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Design View Post
Sounds like a great method, my only question is that if the back of the seat is actually hanging on the clips in the back, how does the cover slide over that? Maybe your cover had an open back? The cover I have completely covers the seat, I'd have to cut holes in it for the "hangers" to poke through and get it hung back up.
Yup! I think you're doomed to taking the seat out. It's what you get for getting a classy cover!

- Jack
Old Thu, January 15th, 2009, 06:43 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Sounds like it's time to break out the tools! At least it's not greasy... or shouldn't be.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Closed Thread