Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough
Not sure what to do now.

Well my Col. called me today and said that I am looking at a med-board situation and that I need to get with the VA to talk about voc-rehab (training in a different career field). I have no clue what to do now.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Chuck,

I must've missed another post somewhere or something. What happened to cause them to want to retrain you to do something different? If it's a personal thing, then tell me to mind my business, and I'll understand -- honest.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 06:28 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Chuck, I'm in the same boat as Corey - we've missed something here.

However, I'm going to do a tiny bit of "guessing". I'm thinking maybe PTSD? And, if so, brother, you're not the first (or the last). It's just that we've finally gotten smart enough to give it a name, but, it's not something that's easily fixed.

If I'm right, I have two thoughts:
1. You're NOT "sick" - you've just had to experience more soul-destroying agony than any person should have to experience. And,

2. This is a VERY difficult thing to deal with on your own. There ARE people who are trained to help, but YOU have to be able to feel comfortable working with them and it may be hard to find someone who knows how to do it. You may go through several "professionals" before you find one that knows what's going on. But, my brother, you need to find that person!
None of us has walked in your boots (me included). None of us can imagine what you have experienced. There ARE people out there who can help you come to terms with those experiences though - find one of them!

Oh, and Chuck, if this is not what you wanted to hear, tell me to f*ck off!

- Jack
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

Oh sorry, I had spoken to Bill on the phone a few weeks back and talked to him a little. My issue(s) is well #1 is during my adventures overseas I ended up with a kidney disease. 2 I got bown up and they say I have this thing called TBI. I forget some of the easiest things to remember alot, ie I forgot when and where my youngest son was born and kinda flipped out cause I couldnt remember. That part is getting alot better. The kidney part is something that I just have to deal with. My Nephrologist told me its not a matter of if, just when I will go on dialisis (sp). Overall I am alot better than I was a bit ago. I have been on a medical hold since Oct. 07 and from the looks of if the bird says MEB then its another 6 to 12 months for me just to be sittin and waiting. Oh and yes I have alot of fun doing what I do for people like you. Really. The kids are the best. This a for real moment, if my kids get in trouble they do push ups, even their teacher thaught I was kidding when I told her to make them do push ups if they got in trouble. She is a believer now.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 10:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

OK Chuck -

I was somewhat out in left field when I said PTSD, but, if you aren't suffering from PTSD after what you just described, then you're Superman. So in addition to PTSD, which I think is still reasonable, you've got failing kidneys and possibly a brain injury from an IED - Am I understanding this now?

Sounds to me like you've given more than your share for your Country, brother. I think it's time our Country did something for you.

I suspect, you are eligible for a medical discharge with disability. And, you've earned medical care for your problems for as long as you need them. Don't fight this! We (your Country) owe this to you for your sacrifice.

This doesn't mean you have to sit around and let moss grow on you. You can do anything you feel up to doing. Go back to school! Find something that interests you and get involved! Hell, learn how to tune cars! Your life's not over, unless you give up on it. It's obvious you're not a basket case, but the Marines think you've done enough for them! So do I.

At this point, I think I've gone WAY beyond anything I really know about. I'm simply talking to you as a fellow Veteran and someone who, in a different time saw some things I'd rather have not happened.

Hang in there buddy. Things CAN get better.

- Jack
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
OK Chuck -

I was somewhat out in left field when I said PTSD, but, if you aren't suffering from PTSD after what you just described, then you're Superman. So in addition to PTSD, which I think is still reasonable, you've got failing kidneys and possibly a brain injury from an IED - Am I understanding this now?

Sounds to me like you've given more than your share for your Country, brother. I think it's time our Country did something for you.

I suspect, you are eligible for a medical discharge with disability. And, you've earned medical care for your problems for as long as you need them. Don't fight this! We (your Country) owe this to you for your sacrifice.

This doesn't mean you have to sit around and let moss grow on you. You can do anything you feel up to doing. Go back to school! Find something that interests you and get involved! Hell, learn how to tune cars! Your life's not over, unless you give up on it. It's obvious you're not a basket case, but the ARMY think you've done enough for them! So do I.

At this point, I think I've gone WAY beyond anything I really know about. I'm simply talking to you as a fellow Veteran and someone who, in a different time saw some things I'd rather have not happened.

Hang in there buddy. Things CAN get better.

- Jack
Fixed it for ya. I may have misled on my opening statement. Its really in this economy not sure what to do. You can call me a realist that believes in GOD. I look at todays environment and then look at how I can best take care of my family. Hopefully I dont sound like a male pig, but I have been fortunate for my wife to be a stay at home mother (first) wife (second). Now whats gonna hurt me is the economy. I have learned how to fix almost anything (broken hearts not included), learned how to tune from the best JW (no offense Bill). My adventure is to maybe teach, but I got to look at what I can do to still afford my wife to be at home. I am sure most will agree with my that children do their best when they have solid reinforcement at home. Do I have PTSD? to some extent I agree I do. I have had incredible help in the past year to get me through some of the tough times. Unlike the ones that did what they did to allow me to do what I do. People call me crazy cause I want to go back to help the children there. Jack I have almost 200 hours of school, my time is done on that end, its time for me to give back. Although I don't have a degree it will be hard. The main front of my fight is for the unseen injuries. I had what was called RIRP (Reserve Income Replacement Program) before I got hurt. Which meant being a NG soldier that, with proper documentation, the gov't made up the differance in military pay and civilian pay. While I was in country they did make it up at almost $2000 a month. When I got hurt and got put on medical orders they said I was no longer eligible for it cause of the classification of the orders. That put me in a situation of my health or loosing almost everything. If it wasnt for my wife I would have said to hell with it and went to work and probably be dead by now. She made it very clear that I needed to take care of myself cause the kids needed me. Smartest woman I have ever met excluding my mom. We have lost alot when it comes to the material things in life. When it comes to family though, I couldn't ask for more. For me I got the best kids on earth and thats all that matters. My wife I wouldn't trade for 20. Its been tough to say the least but with faith and family it can be done. My philosiphy is, I AM AN A AMERICAN NOT AN AMERICAN'T.
2004 Explorer Limited
Old Sat, January 31st, 2009, 06:52 PM
PHP Groupie

Chuck, I'm sorry I confused you with a Marine - I knew better, but I think I mixed you up in my feeble little brain with Bill and Corey's son, Chris, whose been in my thoughts for close to a year now.

There are so many of you, who have given so much. How can we ever make it right?

Chuck, I'm way in over my head here. I can't give you meaningful advice. All I can really do, is what I do for Chris, keep you in my thoughts. So, I'll do that, my "Grunt" Brother. Just know, my best missions were the CAS ones, where I helped get the gomers off your backs. Those are the memories I hold dear.

- Jack
Closed Thread