Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED)

Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED) Power Hungry no longer sells the Phoenix/TS chip, but if you need custom tuning we can recommend
a few really good tuners that will be able to still provide tuning and support for your chip.

If you have any other questions or comments about the Phoenix/TS chip, please post it here.

Old Thu, May 10th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Whopper

Aggiefishing is on a distinguished road
Default Installed chip! have questions

got the chip installed, love the power but have a few questions
the shifts in the daily driver are really jarring hard shifts. i was hoping it would smooth out the shifts but its bad enough that i got complaints from the people riding with me, and had to turn it to stock without the chip, the trans shifts smoothly.
the lope idle doesn't do much, what is it supposed to do?
Old Thu, May 10th, 2012, 09:28 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Sounds to me like it's got some transmission modifications......

The "lope idle" works on some trucks and not others. Unfortunately, it's something that (especially with 95-97 trucks or 99-03 trucks with singles) really is a hit-or-miss type of deal.
Old Fri, May 11th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Whopper

the lope idle not working doesnt bother me,
i have not done modifications to the trans but i dont know about the PO, is there anyway i can find out what may have been done?
Old Fri, May 11th, 2012, 10:34 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Just answer me this:

Does the transmission shift noticeably in "stock"? I've been running my 95 around all day on stock tuning because it's been so long (forgot what stock even felt like), and the shifts are sluggish and soft. I mean, I can tell when it shifts, but it certainly doesn't shift with authority. If yours has a positive transition from one gear to the next, then it may have been modified at some point with a "shift kit" or valve body change (I do not and will not use the word "upgrade" for personal reasons).
Old Sat, May 12th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Whopper

the transmission is super smooth in stock and the the extreme and performance tunes shift fine, but the daily is the one that is hard
Old Sun, May 13th, 2012, 07:34 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Looking over the tuning files that were put on the chip, that is REALLY weird. All of the ones EXCEPT the "daily driver" should be quite a bit more firm from 2nd gear on up due to the way the torque converter clutch apply is set up.

I assume you mean ALL shifts are hard, in which case there may have been a burn problem (something like that can be a one byte error out of a 229,376 byte program) and errors are not that common, but we all know how quirky computers can be. If it's only one particular shift that is annoying, then I'd like to know which one.

I'll get an RMA number from Corey and have you send it back. The chip will be reprogrammed and sent back to you.
Old Sun, May 13th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Whopper

for the daily setting it seems it shifts way too soon, dropping into the next gear at around 1000 rpm, also what i found weird was it will not down shift at all going up hill at around 30 it will stick at the 1000 rpm and struggle like crazy i would have to let off the peddle and wait till the truck slows down to get that lower gear
yes all shifts are hard
thanks for the great service much appreciated
Old Wed, May 16th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Whopper

Also the transmission is getting up to 200 degrees while running the tunes, and the truck is indecisive when switching between 3unlocked, 3 locked and 4, seems slipping a little and when i turn back to stock it is fine, hopefully this can be resolved.
Old Sun, May 20th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

Your RMA # is 30832; you can download an RMA form from the SUPPORT page of our website.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, May 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Whopper

contacted the PO and found a few things, i saw tape residue on the pcm so asked about that and he said there had been a banks chip in it, the trans was replaced at a dealer in colorado replaced around 99 or 2000. does this change anything