Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Mon, June 11th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Whopper

Cajunrgfm is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon vs cts question

With the issues, of custom tunes getting wiped on the cts, plus wanting ficm tuning ,unavailable on cts, and wanting an ecm rollback from vxbc9, it seems to make more sense for me to just order a php ficm tuner w/ the atlas 40 and 80 and use my cts for monitoring or even put it in my hemi ram,as the 6.0 psd gm duramax and hemi are all in my current programming, any thoughts?
Old Mon, June 11th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

I'll try to answer a few of your questions from your other posts in this one.

So the FICM tuner comes with 4 tunes, and no extra charge for them. Its still $400 or $375 this month. You'll get; mileage, A40, A80 and Hercules. You can change them anytime you want to. Its take 2-3 minutes to change between tunes, including pulling the FICM relay. If you want to program the FICM on 4 to 5 trucks(for example) its $150 per truck or FICM. Bill will provide that number of unlocks requested to the FICM programmer. Once that FICM has been programmed by the FICM programmer, it uses up one of the unlocks. However, once that FICM has been programmed by the FICM programmer, the programs(M, A40, A80 or Herc) can be changed as many times as you like, and will not use another unlock on that particular FICM. The same goes for each truck, until all the unlocks are used. Once the unlocks are used, you can still change FICM programs on the trucks that had been programmed by the FICM programmer before. Keep in mind, if your FICM fails, and you get a new one, you will need to purchase another unlock. If you get another truck and want more unlocks, you have to contact Bill, and he'll provide a code to enter into the FICM programmer to unlock it.

Custom tunes on the Gryphon(Same device as FICM programmer just different programming) wont get wiped out by edge's fusion software. The monochrome Gryphon uses PHP's software for updates, not Edge's fusion.

The CS and CTS use Edge's fusion software for updates. The custom tunes can be saved and reloaded if and only if you contact PHP prior to updating the firmware on the CS and CTS.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Tue, June 12th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Whopper

Cajunrgfm is on a distinguished road

Ok thanks jeremy, understood, the only question remaining,would be regarding rolling back my ecm, as i currently have the "undesireable" VXBC9, would this be programmed into the unit as purchased from php ?
Old Tue, June 12th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Whopper

Lilpooh is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon vs cts question

No, if you purchase the FICM programmer, it will not be set-up to do ECM rollbacks.

You will need to contact PHP to have the Gryphon FICM programmer software converted over to do the ECM rollbacks. This can be do over the Internet thru PHP's software. Their is a fee, IIRC it's $75 per ECM rollback.
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod