Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Closed Thread

Old Mon, December 8th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
CUSTOM TUNES ETA

In case you didn't read my other post, PHP is closing from December 24-January 2, solely for Bill to work on custom tuning. With the release of a few new products and the forums, along with two consecutive sales, we've just been swamped , and he hasn't had the time to just sit and work on customers' custom tunes.

Please know that it's not okay with us that some people have waited far longer than we had expected. It's for this reason that we're willing to shut down for ten days. Our customers have always been our first priority, and it's important for us to deliver what we promise.

Bill should have EVERY customers' tunes finished by January 1. If you don't receive an e-mail from him by then, please e-mail ME, and I'll check up on them.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Fri, January 2nd, 2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old Thu, December 18th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Mustangs/F150 Owner

NJ Stangers Jonathan is on a distinguished road

Any updates? Can we a discout for waiting this long?

I really want to have it on before Christmas so I can test it out on my way to Rhodes Island.
Old Thu, December 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Jonathan, if you only knew how long some customers have waited, you'd know how silly that question is... Please know that I understand that you're excited about your programmer and that waiting for your custom tunes sucks.

Unfortunately, sometimes things prevent us from getting tunes done as soon as we'd like. We've been lucky that our customers have always been understanding. I remember posting something -- on f150online probably -- MONTHS ago when custom tuning got backed up, and it said something to the effect of:
Why in the world would we intentionally tell someone their tunes should be finished in X weeks if we knew full well that they wouldn't? That would be setting ourselves up to get b-tched at, and I for one, don't need that nonsense.

I really do think that once people get to know us, they understand that we work our butts off :lmao: to do the right thing by our customers, and yes, sometimes things don't work out as planned. :sadface:

We just found out today that Bill is going to be out of town from January 2-9, which means that we'll essentially be closed for 2˝ weeks. Can we afford to be closed that long? Heck no! Tomorrow, I have to pay Edge for 34 programmers, cables, etc.! But we owe it to our customers to close the week after Christmas so that Bill can work on custom tuning. There's no alternative as far as we're concerned, so we'll have to figure out some way to make do.

I wish there were some way to increase the number of hours in a day, but for now, we're just going to have to continue to work as hard as we can. As always, we thank you for understanding.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, December 18th, 2008, 10:40 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

And through this all, Bill and Corey still manage to give all of us "personalized" service! I'd say that's worth the wait!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, December 19th, 2008, 10:12 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
And through this all, Bill and Corey still manage to give all of us "personalized" service! I'd say that's worth the wait!

- Jack
Well, except for you Jack. We just give you a hard time! But only because we love ya.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, December 19th, 2008, 11:36 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Well, except for you Jack. We just give you a hard time! But only because we love ya.
Ah, the price one pays for love! :smooch:

- Jack
Old Sat, December 20th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Jack, you're awesome... (in my best southern twang) always makin' us feel so special... :flirt:

In all seriousness, it's very cool that many people realize that we're at least TRYING to do the right thing -- even if it sometimes doesn't work out the way we'd planned.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, December 22nd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Mustangs/F150 Owner

thats understandable, just really hate waiting this long, if I had known, i would've never spent so much money on this right now or the Banks Intake i've had lying around since when I ordered this tuner and the custom tunes to run it, just hate to have money lying around like that and not using it already.

Sorry, I try to be patient, i've heard many good things about your company and i know your just handling lots of customers now, just wish I could've had at least one tune by now like the economy one.
Old Mon, December 22nd, 2008, 09:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stangers Jonathan View Post
thats understandable, just really hate waiting this long, if I had known, i would've never spent so much money on this right now or the Banks Intake i've had lying around since when I ordered this tuner and the custom tunes to run it, just hate to have money lying around like that and not using it already.

Sorry, I try to be patient, i've heard many good things about your company and i know your just handling lots of customers now, just wish I could've had at least one tune by now like the economy one.
I may be totally wrong here, but I think you can go ahead and install the intake. Just don't change the tune from stock. You can still mount the Gryphon and use its gauges.

And, I don't see why you couldn't use a level 1 canned tune with the intake, since level 1 simply firms up your shifts.

The problem is in canned levels 2 and 3, you could be running lean with the intake.

If I'm wrong here, I bet Bill or Corey will correct me right away!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 07:13 AM
Mustangs/F150 Owner

Oh boy yea i would happy enough just being able to run the intake since i've been hearing so many things about it.

My only worry is running lean especially since the truck is out of warranty and has 45k on it and people on the f150online forum told me to get a tune and not to run it without a tune for safety of running lean. What should I do? Just wait?