Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Whopper

jhedges16 is on a distinguished road
Default new gryphon not programming

i got my gryphon tonight and went to load the level 1 tune into my truck. I left it connected for about 50 minutes and it just sat at the unlocking pcm screen. I disconnected it cuz it would have killed my battery if i would have left it connected for much longer. any ideas of what i should do?
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

After you unplugged it, did you try it again, Josh?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 09:20 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Josh, I've never seen the screen you are talking about. Can you confirm for me that:
1. Your ignition was in the ON position before you connected the Gryphon to the OBDII port, and,

2. Your truck does not already have a tune installed in its PCM?
Please, I'm just trying to eliminate some of the more common problems before we involve the "Great One". He's really up to his neck in alligators right now and we all need to cut him some slack if we can.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Whopper

no i did not try it a second time...its been a long day and my trucks been a little aggravating today...

yes the ignition was on before i plugged in the gryphon and the truck does not have a tune installed already. i just got the gryphon today and i have never had another programmer
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 09:44 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all
Help, O Great One!

Ugh! I'm out of ideas. I think this is a job for.... :super: (Sorry, Bill)!

- Jack
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Whopper

well we'll see what happens tomorrow. im done early tomorrow so ill try it again and let you know what happens
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 09:56 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Let us know what happens and if it continues we can walk through it.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Whopper

same thing happened today

i drove the truck first running some errands so it wouldnt be cold and then tried to load the level 1 tune. it took about 35 mins today and i just gave up.

if it matters, heres the steps i took. first plugged in the cable to the edge. turned ignition on. plugged in obd port. screen came on. hit menu. power programming. followed prompts to turn ignition off. then back on. screen came up saying "unlocking pcm..." and thats all that happened
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

What's a good time for Billy to call you, Josh?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Whopper

anytime today until about 3:30 would be great. My girlfriend is taking my truck after that and i wont have it back until sunday. If he cant reach me today, anytime after 2 on monday, wednesday, or friday would work. i understand that he is really busy right now so its no hurry if he cant reach me for a while.